Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

HotM Battle Generator Errata

gashlycrumb

HotM Battle Generator
The Battle Generator on page 21 lists the following for Soviet Infantry
1) 1-4-4-5 costs 11 points, but there are two versions of 1-4-4-5's. Do both the 1-4-4-5/4 and the 1-4-4-5/5 cost 11 points?
2) The 1-3-4-4/4 half-squad is listed as costing 22 points. I think this cost is a typo - how much should these units cost?
3) Are the other Soviet unit costs correct, particularly for the Guard units?

Thanks!

Rydo

HotM Battle Generator
The Battle Generator on page 21 lists the following for Soviet Infantry
1) 1-4-4-5 costs 11 points, but there are two versions of 1-4-4-5's. Do both the 1-4-4-5/4 and the 1-4-4-5/5 cost 11 points?
Thanks!

If i'm not mistaken there aren't 1-4-4-5/4 in the new printed module so i presume this is unimportant as even if you want the 5/4 they are not present.

They were printed only in the BoH expansion Not One Step Back and were dropped for unknown reasons in HotM.

) The 1-3-4-4/4 half-squad is listed as costing 22 points. I think this cost is a typo - how much should these units cost?

Could be a typo or done on purpose. If they allow a 1-3-4-4/4 to cost half as a full squad then you can simply buy the half ones and have double firepower.
Example, we buy 3 of each:
- 1-4-4-5/5 = 33 points - 3 FP
- 1-3-4-4/4 = 30 points - 5 FP

Makes no sense and its broken so i think they made a half squad cost double so that you will follow the soviet doctrine of swarms of squads.

Question number 3 i don't know :(

gashlycrumb

Hi Rydo,
If i'm not mistaken there aren't 1-4-4-5/4 in the new printed module so i presume this is unimportant as even if you want the 5/4 they are not present.
In my version of HotM (2016) there are both 1-4-4-5/5 and 1-4-4-5/4 in the scenarios 'Enter the Guards,' 'Rattenkrieg,' 'State Farm is There,' 'A Bitter Holiday,' and 'Room at the Inn.'

so i think they made a half squad cost double so that you will follow the soviet doctrine of swarms of squads.
Maybe, though the Battle Generator points seem to be a point based system on strength of unit. I think the doctrine/OOB limitations seem to be baked into the Max number of a unit you can buy. Would be good to know for sure from LNL though.

Happy New Year!

MacMarkus69

I think it's a bit disappointing that there is - besides Rydo's post - no reply to a customer's question regarding possible typos. Especially in a list of point values for DYO scenarios typos are nasty...

MacMarkus69

Thank you for your first quick reaction, David...

Looking forward to read your input about this.

Markus