Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Fall Weiss

Fall Weiss 1.1

hubee0

hubee0 submitted a new resource:

Fall Weiss - Fall Weiss 1939 scenarios replacing "The First Blitzkrieg" resource

I decided to replace the original "The First Blitzkrieg" resource with this one. It will include MyDrive external link instead of Google Drive link in the description. It should make the versioning easier.
Compared to the previous version, only one scenario is included initially. Others will follow.
The scenario name is "The Black Brigade - first battle" and depicts the historical battle of Jordanów 2-4 Sept. 1939 between German XVIII Army Corps and Polish forces including motorized units....

Read more about this resource...

hubee0

Compared to the previous version (The First Blitzkrieg) the map has been visually improved along with other improvements in estabs and scenarios. I played the scenario from Polish and German side couple of times and it doesn't look bad to me.
Enjoy and share your opinions. I am more than happy to make fixes and improvements.

hubee0

Wikipedia article about the battle of Jordanów (battle of Island Beskid). Quite accurate historically. Please note, that the Polish commander of 10th Cav. Brigade, a famous Col. Maczek should be spelled "matchek" not "matzek".
I also recommend reading Wiki article about 10th BK at least to find out why it was nicknamed "The Black Brigade".
10_Brygada_Kawalerii

I'm running CO2 Ver 1.1.28 (last LnL release) and can't open your scenario. I get an error message: "3 GEB Div (ID331) has an invalid Estab."

I had no problem opening the Estab XML in the EstabEditor, but made no changes to the listing.

When I opened the scenario in SceneMaker, I get a message saying there are 71 errors in the scenario, but it still loads. I looked at the Estab tab in the SceneMaker and, I find the 3 Geb Icon graphic designated as a company (I) instead of a division (XX) reporting to its Corps HQ (XXX). .Any unit reporting to a company has to be at a either the same or a lower echelon than the company (nominally platoon or independent squad).

I can't find the dump file which indicates it has a listing of the 71 errors in the scenario, so I can't send it.

I suspect that you have the errors because all the units reporting to the 3 GEB Div in your Estab structure in the scenario are at a higher echelon than company. My guess is if you change the "I" designator (Company) for the 3 GEB Div icon to "XX" (Division), it will correct the error.

I made the same mistake in constructing a force structure in a CO1 scenario. Though I couldn't find information in the Estab Editor or SceneMaker manual, I discovered the icon designation has to relate to the echelon of command for the unit rather than the nominal size of the unit in terms of the number of people performing the work. In other words, a Division staff may have the manpower footprint of a company (150 - 250 personnel), but it still has to be designated as a Division for constructing the force in the SceneMaker Estab for the chain of command to work in the game.

Hope this helps.

hubee0

Dear Jim,
That's strange. I can open them without problems. I use the same version (1.28). From your description it looks like your .coe estab file is not compatible with one required by the scenario. Are you sure, that you have replaced the old CO2_1939_estab.coe in your /Estab dir with the new one provided? I have made modifications in the estab compared to the previous version.
3 Geb Div in my scenario has no subordinates under its HQ. And it certainly doesn't have company designation. If you are seeing something like that, it really must be wrong .coe file.

Dear Jim,
That's strange. I can open them without problems. I use the same version (1.28). From your description it looks like your .coe estab file is not compatible with one required by the scenario. Are you sure, that you have replaced the old CO2_1939_estab.coe in your /Estab dir with the new one provided? I have made modifications in the estab compared to the previous version.
3 Geb Div in my scenario has no subordinates under its HQ. And it certainly doesn't have company designation. If you are seeing something like that, it really must be wrong .coe file.
OK.

I'll double check.

It's possible I didn't extract all the 7z components as the APP I found to extract the information isn't as flexible as the windows 10 based tool I usually use for zip files.

I'll recheck whether I got all the files, and if I have a problem again, I'll let you know.

OK.

I'll double check.

It's possible I didn't extract all the 7z components as the APP I found to extract the information isn't as flexible as the windows 10 based tool I usually use for zip files.

I'll recheck whether I got all the files, and if I have a problem again, I'll let you know.
OK.

I reinstalled, and everything's working now.

I may have missed a file with the extraction tool I used. It doesn't move files as a directory, requiring me to copy each one from the archive to its proper place in the program directory. I found a better one that is more cooperative, and everything worked.

john connor

Anything. In game gifs would be fine. BMPs even better. In game shots. Zommed out, then in, with some detail. Teasers, kind of thing.

(Slight Spoiler)

I really enjoyed playing this. I have only played from the German side and was only able to manage a draw.
Am I correct in assuming that if any of the bridge objectives are blown by the Polish side then there is no way for the German player to ever get any points from them?

It seemed initially like I would have lots of time but in the end I desperately needed another 2 hours and could have had a victory!!

David

hubee0

Yes, I think that "secure crossing" task brings points only when crossing is secured, so a bridge must exist. When it is blown, by ordering "secure crossing" for bridging unit one can get the bridge rebuilt.
But in this scenario there is no bridging unit on the German side. I haven't added it deliberately. In historical situation, the bridge in Rozprza has been blown and Germans didn't rebuild it. The river was actually quite narrow in September '39.
untitled139.jpg

Last edited:

hubee0

It depends I think. Summer '39 was hot and dry. Minor rivers were shallow and narrow. But soft banks and marshy bottom could make them impassable anyway. Or crossing could be slow.