Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Stalingrad of the West - Game over

Game over man. Game over. Stalingrad of the West. British victory but it was fairly close.

You can go to the YT channel to see Turns 1-3 played out. My live stream crapped out on me, and I just couldn’t wait to finish. Highlights.

Turn 4 the Deadly British Hero Chapman was wounded up in the church tower. That said he was still able to fire and hold up fast movement.

Turn 5 British Op Fire essentially useless.

Turn 6 All German Units were able to rally. Germans ran a squad out to draw fire from the objective. They did and were eliminated.

Consequently, another German squad dashed across the street and into melee. The British in the second floor held their fire because there were many more units to cross. The melee ended up with both squads eliminated.

Turn 7 The King Tiger which was pretty much useless trying to do anything to the men in the building did something, they created a hero, Richard. The hero then low crawled to the first floor as a road block for the Germans who would then need to melee on two floors to control the building. A couple of fire groups tried to eliminate the remaining soldiers. They did shake them. And also created another hero.

The Germans didn’t have quite enough to make it happen. Unless you can move through a Melee hex that doesn’t have any enemies in it.

Lesson learned - forgot in the first turn or two the SS ability to self rally one or to reroll. Probably could’ve meant more movement early.

Barthheart

Staff member
Sounds like a fun time.

Just a point of clarification: it reads like the British ended up with 3 heroes in play...one in the tower, one created by the King Tiger, and one created by fire groups.
A side can only ever have 2 heroes in play at one time. Last paragraph of 11.2.

That is what happened. Thank you for letting me know.

Sounds like a fun time.

Just a point of clarification: it reads like the British ended up with 3 heroes in play...one in the tower, one created by the King Tiger, and one created by fire groups.
A side can only ever have 2 heroes in play at one time. Last paragraph of 11.2.