Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Hannut 1940

Hannut 1940 1.1

hubee0

hubee0 submitted a new resource:

Hannut 1940 - Scenarios for battle of Hannut. France 1940

Battle of Hannut scenario(s). The first big tank battle in II WW and the biggest one during 1940 campaign.
The resource will contain 3 historical scenarios:
1. Small, one day scenario (12 May 1940). Central battle area around Hannut. 5e Brigade Legere Mecanique against 4 Panzer Division.
2. Medium size scenario for northern sector (12-13 May 1940). 3e Division Legere Mecanique against 3 and 4 Panzer Divisions.
3. Full size scenario (12-13 May 1940). 2e and 3e DLM against the XVI Armee Korps....

Read more about this resource...

hubee0

Building the scenarios, I tried to keep maximum historical accuracy as possible, regarding forces deployment and OOB.
Sources I've used:
Therefore, deployment of French forces in the scenarios is quite accurate. On the German side, its deployment is historical in general, but as the attacking force it doesn't matter so much. I couldn't find a list of German units attacking around HUY area 13th of May. There were "four infantry columns" from 35, 61 and 269 ID. I've just put there 2 inf. battalions, recce unit and mot. engineers from 269 ID.

Last edited:

hubee0

Could anyone help me with German briefing(s) for Hannut scenarios? I'am struggling to write it in English in a compact way with correct language.

Could anyone help me with German briefing(s) for Hannut scenarios? I'am struggling to write it in English in a compact way with correct language.
I'm assuming you're not a native speaker of English.

If you can send me a PM with files translated from your language into English words (use Google Translate for example) I can edit the result into acceptable English grammar. In my early working career I was a professional writer and editor, so fixng grammar and syntax is second nature. Unfortunately, I don't speak any language but English.

I suggest you give each file a name in your language that tells you where it belongs in the scenario descriptions and briefings. That way, after I correct the grammar, you'll know where to plug them back into your game.

Hope this helps.

I had lots of fun playing this senario from the Axis side, and have yet to try it from the allied side. I’ll tell you what I really like about this senario. First I love that you made it. I have just started playing again after quite a hiatus, and I never could figure out why there has never been many community created senarios? I guess I’m not one to talk as I have yet to contribute. However I hope that changes some day as well, ( trying to make an Arracourt map). I spend quite a bit of time with Matrix’s “Command Modern Air Naval Operations” and the “Combat Mission” series, both of With have huge senario communities, but I feel like there is no game that captures the feel of operational command and still touches on tactical aspects quite so well as Command OPS2. Second I love that it’s a quick senario that has great replay ability. The only reason I didn’t rate it full stars (not sure why no one else is leaving ratings) is that I’m waiting for the bigger senarios, cause I love those even more. Please keep up the great work!!!

And now I see you have added more and longer senarios already!! Thank you so much, I appreciate your efforts.

john connor

Arracourt map, David Johnson....I believe the upcoming Bradley at Bay expansion covers these battles and includes an Arracourt map and some scenarios from the area, iirc. Just something to think about, in case you were putting a lot of effort into that map and didn't realise!

....Not sure of the ETA on it, but I know that the beta testers are just waiting for the latest build of the exec in order to test both that and Bradley at Bay, and I'm guessing they won't be given very long to test it, as it's already a bit delayed. I hope it's not going to be very much more delayed - though, as ever with testing, who knows - probably more depends what's thrown up with the new exec rather than the scenarios, as that pack is virtually finished, I believe.

I was wondering about that, but the Steam dlc purchase for the Bradley module says release date Summer 2017 iirc so I figured it was a permanent no show. Glad to here that’s not the case!

hubee0

And now I see you have added more and longer senarios already!! Thank you so much, I appreciate your efforts.
Thank you very much David for your nice review. I am glad you like the scenario. Regarding the next two, I am going to upload a small update. As long as someone plays Axis, it wont affect anything. But if you play Allies, the AI is too easy to beat. I am going to fix that.

beyczy

Hi. When I try to start any of the Hannut 1940 scenarios it says

"Sorry, this scenario requires version 5.1.31 or later of Command Ops 2 to play."

I downladed the latest Core Engine, that is 5.1.28. What could be the problem?

Thanks.

"Sorry, this scenario requires version 5.1.31 or later of Command Ops 2 to play."

Thanks.
The scenarios are user-generated, so whoever designed them could explain.

I suspect they were developed in a Beta Release of version CO2 5.1.31 released for player evaluation on Steam.

hubee0

Thanks.
Hi,
Yes indeed, the scenario can only run on 1.31 build which is unfortunately only available on Steam.
There is no workaround for this. I don't have the older version of the scenario anymore. I use Steam distribution of CO2 and even if I go back to version 1.28, the editor won't let me read the newer version in order to convert it to older version.
The only way for you at the moment is to install CO2 from Steam.