Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Hordes of Russian tanks???

ejwolski

Just did a quick count of my Russian tanks after realizing the Russian counter box almost looked empty compared to the US, UK, or even Italians from the nice North Africa box! 14 tanks in total from Not One Step back and Dark July. Is this the same count for Heroes of the Motherland? I didn't see a counter scan on BGG.

Am I missing some Russian AFV somewhere? I think the Russians need to crank up the tank factories! Any chance of that happening?

Just received my X-maps for Dark July - very impressive. I need to requisition use of the dining room table to set it up.

:)

Gene

Rydo

Just did a quick count of my Russian tanks after realizing the Russian counter box almost looked empty compared to the US, UK, or even Italians from the nice North Africa box! 14 tanks in total from Not One Step back and Dark July. Is this the same count for Heroes of the Motherland? I didn't see a counter scan on BGG.

Am I missing some Russian AFV somewhere? I think the Russians need to crank up the tank factories! Any chance of that happening?

Just received my X-maps for Dark July - very impressive. I need to requisition use of the dining room table to set it up.

:)

Gene
I'm quite sure your AFV armory is complete.

About the swarm of tanks, usually the tanks in Ln'L are used more in a support role for infantry and there are few scenarios that contain only tanks. Ln'L in general is an infantry game with tanks as a plus but not the focus.

I think Stalin's Triumph should have that swarm you're asking for even if it is a more bigger scale than Ln'L ( platoon level ).

Also remember that back in the days the russians were introduced only as an expansion, that may be the reason of their low AFV count.

Maybe in the future the commies will see an upgrade?

Cheers.

ejwolski

I totally get the whole squad level games and counter density challenges. I think my request was for more Russians. Something like a Stalingrad module. :)

hudson15983

Heroes of the Motherland is a Stalingrad focused module, nearly all of the scenarios deal with fighting either in the city or in the area around it. I think that what the system could use would be a later war focus with the Soviets on the offensive in Poland, Hungary, the Baltics and finally Berlin itself.

ejwolski

I have the predecessor, Not One Step Back, and Dark July plus all the misc scenarios from the various Battle Packs and Line of Fire releases. I think my request for more Russians includes what you mentioned - additional battles - also includes a request for some of the larger battles. Dark July on has one scenario that uses the whole board. I'd like to see additional larger scenarios, but maybe I'm in the minority. Something on the order of the ASL Red Barricades historical module or the more recent Stalingrad module from Old School Tactical.

In the end though, I'd like to see more of anything LNL. Would love to see Fall Weiss with early German units against the Poles. Plenty of good material there for an expansion or a module (a la Price of Honour in the Conflict of Heroes series). Crete could be a natural follow on to North Africa - we have German paratroopers and UK Commonwealth troops, and glider rules. A decent map of Maleme airfield and surrounding hills shouldn't be too hard to make? And more Russians of course!