Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

New Wish List items for LnLT

Rydo

For Hero's of The Nam: How about counters for the CH-47 Chinook, AH-1 Cobra helicopters.
What values they should have?

CH-47 Chinook Values?
chprova.png

AH-1 cobra Values?
ah-prova.png

Tell me and i'll post those in the resource section for everyone to use for the vietnam game :)

Last edited:

docsmann

AWESOME SAUCE, DUDE!!! Let me delve into the specs for each platform and I'll post what I think the values should be.

Marvin

docsmann

After some checking, the CH-47 carries up to 35 fully armed soldiers (that's approx. 3 GO MMC counters, 3 SW's and 2 SMC's^) vs 26 for the Soviet MI-8 and the MI-6 is way too huge.

Armament is the typical port and starboard mounted 7.62mm machine-gun. So I would go with the 2* for machine-gun firepower, as the UH-1 fires the same 7.62mm. I would also go with a 1 on armor factor (AF). The CH-47 typically will not mount 2.75" rockets. So the ordnance and HE equivalents can be omitted. As far as troops, I lean towards PPPPP as a PPPP carries up to two squads, four SW's and two SMC's.

As for the AH-1 Cobra, I would use the same numbers as the UH-1 gunship but I would go with an AF of 2. It's AF is less than the AH-64 Apache's so an AF of 2 should be sufficient.

Hope this helps.

^ The leader counters are actually Platoon leaders and should count against the 2 SMC rule.

docsmann

I forgot to mention the morale numbers. I would keep them the same as their US counterparts for that era.