Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Snippet's From the Meuse to the Rhine

Daz

There is quite a lot of powerful artillery, and anti-aircraft units to the East of the City.
The whole City is surrounded now out to quite some distance.

I can't attack these powerful dug in unit across the Polder there until its dark.
They have powerful long range heavy weapons, consisting of a lot of artillery pieces, and anti aircraft guns. and it is way to open for the 130th Inf Brigade, and the Coldstream guards are tired from the long night march, and the Battle for Velp.

Sorry for the slow updates, I have been busy the last few days with another project.
I want to finish this AAR, but am short on time now, so the updates will be quite basic, with not a lot of planning graphics, from now on.
Sorry about that guys.

East-of-Arnhem-D6-1501.jpg

Daz

All the attacks started on time, and are progressing well.

FtMttR-D6-1801.jpg

Last edited:

john connor

Doing great, Daz. I wonder if you might get a surrender.
I'm amazed all the attacks started on time!

Daz

Doing great, Daz. I wonder if you might get a surrender.
I'm amazed all the attacks started on time!
I know how to get around the problem of the attack bunkering down if they don't make it to the start line in time.

Don't use the attack at command if your attacking formation has any kind of distance to travel to get to its assault position.
Move them to the assault position first, that way you make sure they won't be late lol.

Any unit that has to travel any kind of distance to It should just be given a normal attack order with no H hour set.
What you need to do then, in try to estimate, as best as you can, how long it will take for the more distant unit to get into position, and start its assault.
Then you set the attack at time for the units already in position to this estimate.
Dave has promised he will change the behaviour of this order in Command Ops 2, as was requested by the community a while back.FtMttR D6 2202.jpg

john connor

And still only day 6. Mostly, when I've played this, around about this point xxx Corps would be starting to head north from the Nijmegan bridgehead......

Daz

I expect you manage to play it in half the time it takes me though mate.

FtMttR D7 0301.jpg

Daz

I'm not going to have time to do the debrief before I go on holiday unfortunately.
Ill be gone for just over a week.
When I get back Ill do a debrief with planning graphics depicting the movement of the main formations involved in the operation, on a large map like the one below.

FtMttR D7 1021 Surrender smal.jpg

Last edited:

Iconoclast

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

john connor

Lol, iconoclast.

I applaud you too, Daz. Superb win. As ever you make it look too easy. Enjoy the holiday!

john connor

Hang on. The Axis got no Vic points at all. That's incredible. 40,000 casualties, no VPs. I'm staggered. You sure there wasn't a plague that affected only Axis troops - all those little grey crosses.....

I know you're good, Daz, but what was your opinion of the AI? Can it handle huge scenarios with multiple objectives? Or can it handle that situation well?