Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

kpmcneil22

New to LnLT and the forum. Thought I’d say hello.

This is the year I will finally figure out how to play LnLT. I’ve never tried a game this complex, but I’m looking forward to the challenge. The starter kit is set up and I’m ready to run through the Infantry Gameplay Narrative, then I’m hoping to move on to Heroes of Normandy. Wish me luck! :)

— Kevin

Richard D

Good luck, Kevin, the game is not too demanding, and you don't need to learn everything at once.

Also, there are loads of walkthrough videos, on You Tube, which cover all the rules in bite-sized chunks.

Happy 2019, and happy gaming! :)

kpmcneil22

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I think I’ve got a pretty good game plan for figuring this out, beginning with the starter kit and then YouTube tutorials and eventually (hopefully) trying out an easy scenario with someone on Vassal.

I’ll keep you posted!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Let me know when you are ready for Vassal and I'll be more than willing to complete your formation :)

And if you get overwhelmed meanwhile, get in touch with me and I will help you out.

kpmcneil22

Thanks for the kind offer, Stephane. I’ll definitely touch base if I hit a wall, as well as keep you in mind when it’s time to test what I’ve learned with a scenario on Vassal.

I’ve wanted to learn a game like this since I was a kid, which makes it a long time. Looking forward to finally getting it done.

kpmcneil22

Went through the Infantry Gameplay Narrative. I enjoyed pushing the pieces around and reading about the thinking behind the moves. Feel like I have a decent sense of movement and firing. A few things were a little fuzzy, but I’m going to move on and read the Starter Kit v5.0 rulebook and I’m sure things will clarify as they are explained in more detail.

I’m definitely enjoying the process and feel like I’m going to love this game when I have it figured out. I’ll keep you posted.

Rydo

Went through the Infantry Gameplay Narrative. I enjoyed pushing the pieces around and reading about the thinking behind the moves. Feel like I have a decent sense of movement and firing. A few things were a little fuzzy, but I’m going to move on and read the Starter Kit v5.0 rulebook and I’m sure things will clarify as they are explained in more detail.

I’m definitely enjoying the process and feel like I’m going to love this game when I have it figured out. I’ll keep you posted.
Welcome aboard!

I think most of us started with the demo/starer kit scenarios.

Assault on vireville or A friend in need?

If you want to play with someone just text me here.

Happy gaming, bye! :)

kpmcneil22

Welcome aboard!

I think most of us started with the demo/starer kit scenarios.

Assault on vireville or A friend in need?

If you want to play with someone just text me here.

Happy gaming, bye! :)

Hey Rydo, thanks for checking in! I’ll definitely touch base when I’m ready for a game.

I finished reading through the Starter Kit v5.0 rulebook this morning. Most of it seemed to make sense as I read through it, but there’s just so much information there that I know quite a bit has already slipped out. The most complicated stuff seemed to be the LOS rules, so I want to see some of that in action. The best thing is that the rulebook is set up well, so it shouldn’t be hard to figure out where to go to answer questions that come up (along with touching base with the helpful people here).

Next, to reinforce what I’ve been reading I’m planning to check out some YouTube tutorials and watch a scenario gameplay or two, then it will be time to set up the board for an infantry-only scenario, most likely starting with Assault on Vierville.

It’s been fun to post my progress here. It’s helping to keep me motivated and accountable. I’ll keep you posted.

— Kevin

Rydo

Hey Rydo, thanks for checking in! I’ll definitely touch base when I’m ready for a game.

I finished reading through the Starter Kit v5.0 rulebook this morning. Most of it seemed to make sense as I read through it, but there’s just so much information there that I know quite a bit has already slipped out. The most complicated stuff seemed to be the LOS rules, so I want to see some of that in action. The best thing is that the rulebook is set up well, so it shouldn’t be hard to figure out where to go to answer questions that come up (along with touching base with the helpful people here).

Next, to reinforce what I’ve been reading I’m planning to check out some YouTube tutorials and watch a scenario gameplay or two, then it will be time to set up the board for an infantry-only scenario, most likely starting with Assault on Vierville.

It’s been fun to post my progress here. It’s helping to keep me motivated and accountable. I’ll keep you posted.

— Kevin
Great! Let us know and happy gaming!