Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

maps needed a feat of arms

payen

Hello,

Do we need Heroes of falklanfds map too play a feat of arms ?

:drowning:

Rydo

Hello,

Do we need Heroes of falklanfds map too play a feat of arms ?

:drowning:
Hi,

On the main page of the exansion it says " you need heroes of the falklands and heroes of the falklands x-maps or 4k maps. "

So to me it would be yes, you need the base game + the x-maps.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
On the main page of the exansion it says " you need heroes of the falklands and heroes of the falklands x-maps or 4k maps. "

So to me it would be yes, you need the base game + the x-maps.

This is on the Components tab of the expansion page in the Store section of the website) and it is incorrect. As stated on the same Components tab, AFOA comes with Standard and 4K X-Maps and this is what I got in my package so you just need HOTF as a bare minimum (as correctly stated on the Description tab).

There is 2 scenarios (out of 12) that requires HOTF maps.

Note 1: if you only own A Ring of Hills, you will be able to play only 5 scenarios, because of insufficient number of counters in this older edition of HOTF

Note 2; the standards maps are drawn in 4k style, with minimal hex grid

Last edited:

payen

I have a ring of hills.

So, "insufficient number of counters in this older edition of HOTF" : counters for UNITS or markers ?

"is 2 scenarios (out of 12) that requires HOTF maps" : normal maps or X ones ?

thank you !!!.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1) Countrers for units

2) Either standard, X-maps or 4K X-maps

Last edited:

payen

i've bought A feat of arms...
So i need heores of falklands !

thank you

Rydo

This is on the Components tab of the expansion page (in the Shop section of the website) and it is incorrect. As stated on the same Components tab, AFOA comes with Standard and 4K X-Maps and this is what I got in my package so you just need HOTF as a bare minimum 9as correctly stated on the Description tab).

There is 2 scenarios (out of 12) that requires HOTF maps.

Note that if you only own A Ring of Hills, you will be able to play only 5 scenarios, because of insufficient number of counters in this older edition of HOTF
Ok, good to know. So they have dropped the forced requirement of x-maps?
I don't own this or the ww2 exp one, the only thing i remember was that the ww2 exp required x-maps. Have they changed that too as AFOA ?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I think is "We stand alone" the one i was referring to.

You are right and the same can be said of the other expansion (The Untold Stories); both were delivered with 4K-X mass and thus requires at least HON X-maps (and preferably HON 4K X-maps for the esthetic) to be able to play all the scenarios included (although many scenarios are to be played only on the 4K-X maps included in the expansions)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Can you gibe me an example af scenario where more counters are requiried ?

A Sporting Effort:
* requires 2 Argentinian 0-1-3 crew (there is only one in AROH)

Eastbound & Down:
*requires 2 Argentinian M1919A4 (thre is only one in (AROH)

Grounding the Condor:
* requires 2 Argentinian 0-1-3 crew (there is only one in AROH)
* requires 2 Argentinian 20 mm AA WT (there is only one in AROH)

Off to the Racecourse:
* might requires 2 Argentinian Alouette helicopters (there is only one in AROH)
* might requires 2 British L4A4 (there is only one in AROH)

Operation Rosario:
* requires 2 Argentininan LVPT7 (there is only one in AROH)
* requires 6 Argentinian 3-3-4 squads (there is only four in AROH)

and so on. I might have missed some in the above too.

payen

I received a feat of amrs. Deceased, because it lacks units to play well, when you own A ring of hills and not the reissue ... It would be interesting if the counter sheets are sold alone, I think.

Rydo

I received a feat of amrs. Deceased, because it lacks units to play well, when you own A ring of hills and not the reissue ... It would be interesting if the counter sheets are sold alone, I think.
Countersheets have almost a legendary aura around them in wargames, almost no one make them avaible singularly, i suppose the reason could be the price to produce them or used as an attraction to make you buy the games.

You can play on vassal or make the counters you are missing or ( the best choice to me ) sell a ring of hills and with the money you'll make buy heroes of the falklands. The new ln'l games are much better then the old ones.
I was in your shoes, having all old modules but after i got the first new one, i sold all my previous ln'l games and upgraded to their new editions.

:)