Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LoS for different conditions

SamuraiN

It would be a reasonable tool to allow LoS assessment of different times of day, based on the predicted weather condition, i.e. the commander should be able to estimate the LoS of the next morning form the previous night, based on the weather report, especially if he can determine LoS down to 100 square meters, and vice versa.

A step further would be to allow LoS assessment for different weathers as well, e.g. estimate the LoS of clear weather when the predicted weather pattern is fog.

It would be a reasonable tool to allow LoS assessment of different times of day, based on the predicted weather condition, i.e. the commander should be able to estimate the LoS of the next morning form the previous night, based on the weather report, especially if he can determine LoS down to 100 square meters, and vice versa.

A step further would be to allow LoS assessment for different weathers as well, e.g. estimate the LoS of clear weather when the predicted weather pattern is fog.
I don't see what utility this provides.

The LoS tool is designed to be a real time replication of sighting reliability at the time it is used. This primarily affects targeting enemy units or assessing the optimum deployment positions for defending units based on currently KNOWN locations and intelligence enemy unit combat capabilities.

Essentially, the better the sighting capabilities reflected at the time of day, weather conditions, and distances of observation, the more accurate the available intel on enemy units.