Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Bug List

Doolan

Hey!

Can't give you specifics since it happened yesterday, and only today I thought of submitting a report – what can I say, I'm not a very smart bear.

Macbook Pro running OSX Catalina, Overlord Begins scenario (though I suspect it's not scenario specific) my chance to hit the German vehicle with a PIAT was literally "NaN" (Not a Number) at some point, so you might want to check your math. I vaguely remember it happened in a different scenario / setting the first day I played too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and submit a screenshot / context if it happens again, and sorry for not recording it properly the first two times!

Doolan

Also, the Steam achivement Welcome to the 'Nam seems to be missing an icon.

Wiggum

Hi Wiggum,

The dev team will not reply unless they have a question. What scenarios were you playing during these crashes?

Hi David,

There was no crash. What i reported (and what many others reported) are synchronization issues between the players during a multiplayer game.
  • We had melees that were visible only to one player (so basically we had to end the game)
  • We had magicaly re-appearing Support Weapons that already got destroyed a few turns ago
  • We had moved units that suddenly got teleported back after the impuls switched
When the melee was only visible to one player we got stuck because while i was waiting for my opponent to roll for melee, my opponent did not see any melee screen so we had to quit.

Greetings.

Jack Ruetty

Found the following while playing Bridgehead at Cauquigny.
1. Playing as the Germans I moved German squads with a leader into hex A5 which contained a buttoned German tank. Took opportunity fire from hex D6 and the two squads, the leader and the tank all got shaken. Should small arms fire shake a buttoned armored unit? Also, from page 96 of the 5.0 manual how does this statement fit in: “Small-arms firing on a hex that contains both vehicle and non-vehicle units must either target a specific vehicle or all non-vehicular targets in the hex.”

2. Had a medic try to rally an armored vehicle. I thought they were limited to rallying MMC/SMC.

3. Assault moved a German tank to attack an American hero. During the move I rotated the vehicle once. During the To Hit process the tank was given a +2 modifier for vehicle rotated and +1 modifier for turret rotated. The OFT states that a +1 modifier is used if a turreted vehicle pivots its chassis (which I did once) not +2. I thought a turret always faced the direction the vehicle was pointed to unless specifically moved and therefore should not have incurred a +1 modifier for changing facing along with the penalty for rotating the tank.

Jack

There's a huge amount of desyncs being reported around the forum, even with the latest version. Question for Tom: Does the game engine use TCP or UDP for packet transmission?

What i reported (and what many others reported) are synchronization issues between the players during a multiplayer game.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi David,

There was no crash. What i reported (and what many others reported) are synchronization issues between the players during a multiplayer game.
  • We had melees that were visible only to one player (so basically we had to end the game)
  • We had magicaly re-appearing Support Weapons that already got destroyed a few turns ago
  • We had moved units that suddenly got teleported back after the impuls switched
When the melee was only visible to one player we got stuck because while i was waiting for my opponent to roll for melee, my opponent did not see any melee screen so we had to quit.

Greetings.

What scenarios were you playing

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Jack Ruetty wrote: Found the following while playing Bridgehead at Cauquigny...

1. You are right, two bugs in this one
2. You are right, this should not have happend but did the tank also try to self-rally
3. You should have got only +2 for assault moving

Last edited:

Wiggum

EDIT: See post by Bartheart below, not a bug.

Is it a bug that i dont have to use the "activate adjecent hex" button for a leader and can still activate all units in hex adjecent to the leader in the beginning of the turn?

Because even if i move the leader away (4 hex) as first action during my impuls i can still activate all units in hex that were adjecent to the leader before the leader moved away.

Is this how it is supposed to work? I dont fully understand reading the manual. In any case, the ""activate adjecent hex" button seems useless.

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
Is it a bug that i dont have to use the "activate adjecent hex" button for a leader and can still activate all units in hex adjecent to the leader in the beginning of the turn?

Because even if i move the leader away (4 hex) as first action during my impuls i can still activate all units in hex that were adjecent to the leader before the leader moved away.

Is this how it is supposed to work? I dont fully understand reading the manual. In any case, the ""activate adjecent hex" button seems useless.

Yes this is working properly. The "activate adjacent hex" button is used if you want the adjacent hex to act first. If you just activate the adjacent hex first then the Leader's hex would not be able to activate this impulse.
And yes the original adjacent hex can still activate if the leader moves away first.

Last edited:

Jack Ruetty

In response to number 2 the medic trying to rally the tank: the report stated medic failed to rally the tank and no the tank did not try to self rally

In response to number 3 the assault moving tank attacking the hero: definitely got the +2 modifier for the assault move but should I also have gotten +1 modifier for turning the hull to face the target?

Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
In response to number 3 the assault moving tank attacking the hero: definitely got the +2 modifier for the assault move but should I also have gotten +1 modifier for turning the hull to face the target?

No, you only get those penalty for pivoting when you want to opp fire outside of the covered arc or when you pivot without moving to a new hex. The +2 for assault moving kind od incorporate this; by the time you are ready to fire, your gunner has steadied his spinning head :)

Last edited:

Chris Clarke

Exhaustively testing vehicles and passengers this morning, Attack of Das, 2 Human hotseat. All tests done with Stug: Koch holding m34, and 164 holding m34 riding outside.

Vehicle and Passenger Bugs:
1. I can't find a way to tell my vehicle to only fire its machine guns and not its ordnance.
2. When Vehicle fires Ordnance, Passengers do not disembark, etc.
3. I cannot find any way to allow passengers to fire (16.2.1) after a Vehicle has moved.
4. Top of turn, when I select just the leader on the Stug, option buttons are Fire, move and disembark. If I select just the squad, my options are move and go downstairs. I have been unable to reproduce this bug. Will submit via f3 if I see it again.
5. Passengers can fire from vehicle, but Penalty for firing passengers did not apply.
6. My vehicle low crawled, leaving its fired marker in the hex it left. Unable to reproduce. Will submit via f3 if I see it again.
7. When 164 dismounts from Stug, it has 1MV. This is true if it dismounts with or without Leader.
8. Passengers disembarking cannot choose Assault Move when legal to do so. Just Move and Low Crawl. (I tried with a 264 instead of the above 164)

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
All tests done with Stug: Koch holding m34, and 164 holding m34 riding outside.
(snip)
8. Passengers disembarking cannot choose Assault Move when legal to do so. Just Move and Low Crawl.
1-6-4 German squads are not melee capable. Try it with a German AM-capable 2-6-4

Jack Ruetty

No, you only get those panlty for pivoting when you want to opp fire outside of the covered arc or when you pivot without moving to a new hex. The +2 for assault moving kind od incorporate this; by the time you are ready to fire, your gunner has steadied his spinning head :)

Thanks Stephane. Never put that together.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
There's a huge amount of desyncs being reported around the forum, even with the latest version. Question for Tom: Does the game engine use TCP or UDP for packet transmission?

It uses Steam networking set to 'reliable, and keep in order', which I have to assume is TCP.

However, a lot of those warnings from the Apr 10 version are not correct because the chat packets were not being properly numbered. Fixed for the next version. (shouldn't have put that in on a Friday!)

I'm about 98% certain there are no sync problems from packets going missing, it's all from them coming in at unexpected times. Any bit of my code where I said "surely this will never happen" is being exposed in multiplayer because of that (which is good, those things need to be bulletproof).

secu

This is not a bug, for multi with my friend we had many sync probs before last patch, all gone away with 10 apr version.