Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Bug List

Wiggum

The Weapons Cache Scenario:

Briefing is missing OOB Information for the Vietcong (just compare it to the boardgame OOB). The digital version only displays the sniper and no reinforcements but they are displayed unter OOB in the bordgame.

Last edited:

Wiggum

Some possible LOS and Briefing OOB Bugs in "Kallams Bridge" Scenario:

• Briefing OOB:
Lists Leaders and Heroes twice for the Germans, they appear (understandably) only once. Also The OOB lists 8 more Squads for the germans that are not there and also not appear as reinforcements.

• LOS:
Looks like something is wrong with the LOS through bridges is handled, look at these 3 screenshots:
20200430163053_1.jpg
20200430163055_1.jpg
20200430163056_1.jpg

Also please note how the blue Range Value from the LOS Tool is not displayed correctly, seems to have something to do with map orientation because maps with normal rotation its fine.

Also, this LOS looks also odd:
20200430163353_1.jpg

• Wreck:
There is also a Wreck marker that the americans cant move. Looking at the briefing the american player should be able to position it where he wants.
Also, the Wreck marker stays ontop of the unit counters, should be at the bottom of the Stack just like a foxhole.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
There is also a Wreck marker that the americans cant move. Looking at the briefing the american player should be able to position it where he wants.
The briefing is incorrect if it leads you to believe that the wreck should be located anywhere else than in 17G3.

Last edited:

Wiggum

The briefing is incorrect if it leads you to believe that the wreck should be located anywhere else than in located in 17G3.

Then this is a case of missing briefing informations. Hope we will soon see the briefings further addressed in a update, including the OOB was a major step but many things are still missing or incorrect.

Wiggum

MP bug with newest build, one player stuck at "waiting for opponent" during event activation. F3 report send

Mp bug, stack of moving units not displayed correctly for the other player (only one moving unit displayed) F3 report send

Wiggum

Last edited:
I note there's a lot of bug reports (many confirmed by Stephane) posted in the general posts section of this forum. I am hoping they have been noted. Particularly Jack Ruetty who has found some subtle ones :)

Jack Ruetty

I appreciate the compliment Chris. The reason I don't post in this thread is that I get confused on who is answering what. I know I should try to figure it out. Chris let's play a game sometime. Really enjoyed the experience.

Wiggum

I would report everything with F3, even if there is not actually something to see. These F3 report always seem the reach the developer. :)

Wiggum

Bug using the latest version: Sniper interrupt during enemy movement does not work, pressing F2 or Backspace does nothing. Cant place a sniper to OpFire during enemy movement. Reported with F3. Tested in two scenarios SP.

Otis

Hi,

every time I launch the game, it crashes. I have reinstalled the game, verified the integrity of game cache, run as administrator, run with compatibility with previous version of Windows, etc but these ideas don't work. When I launch the game, it appears a miniscreen with a loading bar, but then it crashes. I have attached a file that I have found where I think it is possible to check why the game crashes at lauching. Thnaks for your help.

Otis

Attachments

• Player.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 2

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Hi there - thanks for the log file. Unfortunately it doesn't really have a super-obvious cause in it. All the stack trace messages appear to be from where Unity is trying to get the graphics up and running.

It does mention that your video card only has 500 megs on it, which might be an issue - that might sound like a lot, but each map panel is 16 megs by itself. I would be curious if anyone else has run it successfully on a card with that low memory (it does run on my 2010 Macbook, but if I remember right, that has 1 gig on the graphics card).

There is one command-line option you can try to eliminate the starting video as a potential culprit: In Steam, go to the game properties [right-click on name or gear icon], General->Set Launch Options, and type skipintro in that box.

Otis

Hi there - thanks for the log file. Unfortunately it doesn't really have a super-obvious cause in it. All the stack trace messages appear to be from where Unity is trying to get the graphics up and running.

It does mention that your video card only has 500 megs on it, which might be an issue - that might sound like a lot, but each map panel is 16 megs by itself. I would be curious if anyone else has run it successfully on a card with that low memory (it does run on my 2010 Macbook, but if I remember right, that has 1 gig on the graphics card).

There is one command-line option you can try to eliminate the starting video as a potential culprit: In Steam, go to the game properties [right-click on name or gear icon], General->Set Launch Options, and type skipintro in that box.

I have another card in my laptop, AMD Radeon 7400, and I can play another games which higher requirements. I don't know why the game is using the intel card instead of the AMD Radeon. I am going to try skipping the intro.
Thanks!

Otis

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
That's bizarre that it's using the lamer card. Is there a way in BIOS to disable it or something? Have you tried any other Unity games (I know it might be hard to know if they are at a glance)?

Wiggum

Tom the new explosions are looking great.

Is it acordding to the rules that weapon team counters are flipped to their "To Hit" table side if shaken?

Also, the sniper interrupt still does not work. I know it was not specifically mentioned in the last few patch notes but other OpFire related bugs got fixed. So i just want to make sure you are aware of it. I had send you an F3 report.

Otis

That's bizarre that it's using the lamer card. Is there a way in BIOS to disable it or something? Have you tried any other Unity games (I know it might be hard to know if they are at a glance)?
I have selected that the game uses the ATI card but it always uses the integrated one. I don't have problems with other games with higher requirements but I don't know if I have another game that uses Unity. I have also check that Unity has to use the better card, but after launching the game and get ir crashing, the logfile shows that the game is not selecting the ATI card. It is frustrating so I don't know what I can do to get the game working fine.

Otis

I have found another log file. It has the following message:

'aticfx64.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module aticfx64.dll at 0033:d94c0b1e.'

Do yo know what could it cause this error?

Attachments

• error.txt
    54.7 KB · Views: 1

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
No, but it's probably just the same problem. I did some more research on this, and it looks like you might be able to force Unity to use a particular card with a command-line argument (the info I'm reading is at https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html , the "Unity Standalone Player command line arguments" section).

So in Steam, go to the game properties [right-click on name or gear icon], General->Set Launch Options, and put

-force-device-index 1

In that box. I used the number 1 because I'm guessing that your integrated card is 0 and the ATI is 1. If nothing changes, it's possible they are 1 and 2, or 1 and 0. Hopefully one of those numbers works. Unfortunately I don't have a computer with multiple cards to check myself.