Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

S&S: Second Wave - Scenario 4 Mohr's Counter Attack

Sgt. Hulka

I don't see anything in the clarification on this scenario, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

Objective A and B for WarPact is identified at 46-S1 and 46-M1. I believe this should be 3-S1 and 3-M1. Correct?

Objective C is 46-V8. I believe this should be 3-V8. Correct?

Playable area is identified as maps 46 and 3. 3 is in Red. Any reason for that?

Several units in the West German forces have red text. For example, infantry on page 21 assigned to the 4/242 Pzgren. Any reason for that? Also, all off-board artillery is red.

Scenario Victory Conditions are two options - WarPact controls the city hexes identified above or run 6 units off the edge across any combination of hexes M1 and S1. But the HQs, trucks, OT-64As and Support Weapons don't count. That means there are only 20 possible units to get off the table - 9 T-72, 9 infantry, 1 engineer and 1 towed arty. Correct?

So... having played this scenario I have to ask on behalf of my group of 5 other players - has anyone won this scenario using the Czechs??

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi! Answers below, and thanks for the catches!

Objective A and B for WarPact is identified at 46-S1 and 46-M1. I believe this should be 3-S1 and 3-M1. Correct?

I went back to the novel and to my Google Map research (since real places are referenced), and with my apologies: The North marker is reversed and should point down on the page rather than up (or the maps should be rotated 180 degrees). However: 46-S1 should be 46-T1 (exit hex on the road). 46-M1 is correct.

You are correct!

Yes, as S&S is an expansions nd you need Storming the Gap to play, any component (map or counter or card) marked in red you can locate in the base game, Storming the Gap.

Several units in the West German forces have red text. For example, infantry on page 21 assigned to the 4/242 Pzgren. Any reason for that? Also, all off-board artillery is red.

Yes, again, anything listed in red you can locate in the base game, Storming the Gap.

Scenario Victory Conditions are two options - WarPact controls the city hexes identified above or run 6 units off the edge across any combination of hexes M1 and S1. But the HQs, trucks, OT-64As and Support Weapons don't count. That means there are only 20 possible units to get off the table - 9 T-72, 9 infantry, 1 engineer and 1 towed arty. Correct?

You are correct!

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Cross-posted from the WaW85 Facebook page, I consolidated the catches above. Thanks again!!

FRAGO - FRAGO - FRAGO

Storm and Steel, Scenario 4, Page 25
Corrections
Design Note: On the LockNLoad forum, someone kindly pointed out that for Storm and Steel Second Wave, Scenario 4 there was an issue with the exit hexes and the map orientation. I went back to the novel and to my Google Map research (since real places are referenced), and with my apologies:

- The Objective A marker should be 46-T1 (Czech exit hex).

- The overall map area should be rotated 180 degrees. Map 3 should be at the top (north) while Map 46 should be at the bottom (south). I.e. the northernmost row of hexes should be 3-A1 to 3-W1 while the southernmost row should be 46-A1 to 46-W1.

END FRAGO - END FRAGO - END FRAGO

Last edited:

Sgt. Hulka

Cross-posted from the WaW85 Facebook page, I consolidated the catches above. Thanks again!!

FRAGO - FRAGO - FRAGO

Storm and Steel, Scenario 4, Page 25
Corrections
Design Note: On the LockNLoad forum, someone kindly pointed out that for Storm and Steel Second Wave, Scenario 4 there was an issue with the exit hexes and the map orientation. I went back to the novel and to my Google Map research (since real places are referenced), and with my apologies:

- The Objective A marker should be 46-T1 (Czech exit hex).

- The overall map area should be rotated 180 degrees. Map 3 should be at the top (north) while Map 45 should be at the bottom (south). I.e. the northernmost row of hexes should be 3-A1 to 3-W1 while the southernmost row should be 45-A1 to 45-W1.

END FRAGO - END FRAGO - END FRAGO

46 you mean... ;)

GSW

I don't see anything in the clarification on this scenario, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

So... having played this scenario I have to ask on behalf of my group of 5 other players - has anyone won this scenario using the Czechs??
Did you change the maps around? I have just started the game but and if I positioned the map correctly then objective C being only 8 hexes away from the north Warsaw Pact entry point of the map. I'm thinking if the Czech forces should concentrate on overwhelming the German forces there they might be overwhelmed through close assault. If you have the map set up as in the scenario book you have to slug your way through the forest. I could see how that might be difficult.