Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Supply Convoy Question

SamuraiN

1) If a supply convoy is on its way, and the unit to be supplied moved, will the convoy still reach it?

2) How does a convoy get destroyed, only when it comes within the close firing range of enemy units, or any spot on the road under potential enemy sight is hazardous?

1) If a supply convoy is on its way, and the unit to be supplied moved, will the convoy still reach it?

It may take longer than originally anticipated (something not under the player's control or in available information anyway), but the convoy will reach any unit that remains in contact with a HQ on the map. The assumption would be, other than being routed during battle, no unit will move without the information on its previous and latest location being transmitted back to friendly HQ.

2) How does a convoy get destroyed, only when it comes within the close firing range of enemy units, or any spot on the road under potential enemy sight is hazardous?

Convoys can be destroyed by both direct and indirect fire, meaning any place where it's movement is observable and in range of a direct fire or indirect fire unit it is in jeopardy of being fired on and potentially harmed.

Seb3brv78

I use this thread to ask a few questions about supply:
  1. If your transport pool (brigade supply base) has been wiped out (trucks and tanker trucks) but you still have left some AFVs, will it be able to carry out new resupply missions (including fuel resupply)?
  2. If no, can the superior base (division base) carry out the new resupply missions instead?

I use this thread to ask a few questions about supply:
  1. If your transport pool (brigade supply base) has been wiped out (trucks and tanker trucks) but you still have left some AFVs, will it be able to carry out new resupply missions (including fuel resupply)?
  2. If no, can the superior base (division base) carry out the new resupply missions instead?
1. Supply missions are handled by the transport dedicated to carrying supply. Unless the armored vehicles are rated to carry cargo, they won't be used for replenishment operations.

2. I recall a discussion on this in the past. As I recall, if a force's supply base is wiped out, the requisitioning unit could draw from the next higher echelon base.