Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Strange command anomaly: spacebar triggers CONTROL overlay

BarryJI

Something seems to have got crossed over -- unless it's a feature, not a bug -- and now when the CONTROL overlay is activated, nothing happens unless I press the spacebar, which still toggles the game from pause to the selected game speed, so it will often do both, i.e. activate the Control overlay while either pausing or restarting the game. I can work around this fairly effortlessly but it's odd. Can it be anything to do with "Hide Game Control Box" option (which I will have to look up...) Anyway, all wisdom will be gratefully received, thank you.

Something seems to have got crossed over -- unless it's a feature, not a bug -- and now when the CONTROL overlay is activated, nothing happens unless I press the spacebar, which still toggles the game from pause to the selected game speed, so it will often do both, i.e. activate the Control overlay while either pausing or restarting the game. I can work around this fairly effortlessly but it's odd. Can it be anything to do with "Hide Game Control Box" option (which I will have to look up...) Anyway, all wisdom will be gratefully received, thank you.
I don't use the overlays often, but they only appear when the game is paused.

They're more a snapshot of the map status for planning at a point in time rather than a dynamic reflection of the game status.

kobawia

This isn't explicit to Free thinkers. I've had this issue with my past OSs as well. Is there in any case to cripple the critical mix of Order + Space bar that is utilized to open the Spotlight menu? I can't disclose to you how often I've accidentally tapped this blend while composing. In case you're not taking a gander at the screen, and you trigger this blend, you find that you have coincidentally entered the last eight or nine words into Spotlight's inquiry field rather than into your archive, Mail, and so on At that point, to return to your report and leave Spotlight, you should tap on it (the archive, and so on) and retype those words once more. I'd love to discover a fix for this! Any assistance would be a lot of appreciated!
Kodi nox

Last edited: