Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Pindos Historical Campaign issue ?

Nital

Hi There,
I have mentioned the below issue on the Hex! Discord channel and was advised to post here a save regarding the potential issue.
Long story short: I have run this scenario to this end and my result is a draw. The objective mentioned in the scenario is to exit at least two batallions from the map. In game, the objectives mentioned under the Obj panel are Destroy the enemy (40 pts) and exit to Metsovon (100 Pts).
When I exited the first 2 batallions, they disappeared (as expected) and my victory level raised.
However, I have many other units with an exit order at the exit point, standing idle there: they did not disappear when they reached the exit point, and my victory level did not raise (I was under the impression that the more units I would exit, the better).
My question is therefore:
- Did I misunderstand the scenario objective ?
- If I understood it properly, is it normal my victory level does not beneficiate from having a lot more units at the exit location than requested ?
I understood a save file would help to answer my question. It is attached here as a zip file (the save is from the finished game, but I have many others of this scenario, if needed).
Thanks in advance for your assistance :eek:)

Attachments

• Foothills1_end.zip
    433.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi There,
I have mentioned the below issue on the Hex! Discord channel and was advised to post here a save regarding the potential issue.
Long story short: I have run this scenario to this end and my result is a draw. The objective mentioned in the scenario is to exit at least two batallions from the map. In game, the objectives mentioned under the Obj panel are Destroy the enemy (40 pts) and exit to Metsovon (100 Pts).
When I exited the first 2 batallions, they disappeared (as expected) and my victory level raised.
However, I have many other units with an exit order at the exit point, standing idle there: they did not disappear when they reached the exit point, and my victory level did not raise (I was under the impression that the more units I would exit, the better).
My question is therefore:
- Did I misunderstand the scenario objective ?
- If I understood it properly, is it normal my victory level does not beneficiate from having a lot more units at the exit location than requested ?
I understood a save file would help to answer my question. It is attached here as a zip file (the save is from the finished game, but I have many others of this scenario, if needed).
Thanks in advance for your assistance :eek:)
Page 157 of the Game manual says,

"The force you have exited will be compared to the required force to calculate your point score. The score is determined by three values: APerFP, Armour, and BombFP ( see Firepower and Armour ). If you meet or exceed the objective requirement in each of these areas, you get the full value of any completion points for that objective."

In other words, you get the full number of victory points available for exiting the number and combat type of units specified, and a partial pro-rated score if the number of units that exit falls below the specified number of units and combat type.

Existing more than the required number doesn't increase the victory point total beyond the maximum available.

Nital

Thanks for your reply Jim.
So I understand I misunderstood the objective :(
Sorry for bothering everyone, lesson learned to reread the manual before next game
Cheers

Thanks for your reply Jim.
So I understand I misunderstood the objective :(
Sorry for bothering everyone, lesson learned to reread the manual before next game
Cheers
It's a lot to read and absorb.

I'd like it to have a better index, but find context searches in the document often pinpoint an answer. One problem is the way one might define an issue is not necessarily the way the document expresses it, so searching may require thinking of other ways of defining the issue to get a reliable "hit."

I first searched for "exit" and got instructions on how to accomplish an exit, but nothing on how it's scored. The scoring was found under a search for "objective" and "victory points" which got me to the page that explained the scoring.