Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

DPICM question

RedRascal

Is DPICM identical to HE except for the Strike Reduction Check? So that it is only a worse form of HE? That is how I interpret the rules, but I was kind of expecting something more of DPICM...

CRFout

DPICM works well now, but totally sucked back then. The bomblets had something over a 30% failure rate. On the other hand, they sort of created an improvised minefield...

And yes, you are correct that there is little reason to use these rounds in the game as long as regular HE is available. Think of them as a limited ammo penalty to the artillery batteries.

DigitalRommel

DPICM works well now, but totally sucked back then. The bomblets had something over a 30% failure rate. On the other hand, they sort of created an improvised minefield...

The historical note is correct. I'll add that DPICM was best used (intended) for counter-battery targets (using MLRS) and lightly armored materiel and personnel targets (beyond the FSCL). Although sold as useful for armor and mechanized targets, no commander would use it against an offense's objective. As an aside, FASCAM was intended to be used for situational minefields.