Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Estab won't compile

Tainster

Hi.

I have an estab file that won't compile.

This has happened to me before but this tiime, although the process runs without errors, it always stops at the same place. I've had a look at the file using Notepad++ and everything seems to be in order.

Can someone suggest where the problem might be.

I was told that there was a bug in the Estab Editor. Is it this that may be causing the problem?

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Can someone suggest where the problem might be.
I could, if you'd attach full archive with a file and images folder so I could try to reproduce a problem.

I was told that there was a bug in the Estab Editor. Is it this that may be causing the problem?
It depends. LnL version has some issues. Steam version of Estab Editor has no open bugs, though.

Tainster

It seemed to be working until I started adding some HG (Herman Goring) units in the Luftwaffe force. That may be the seat of the problem.
Thanks for having a look.

I've been using the Steam version of the Estab Editor.

Attachments

• HuskyEstabs.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 2

Tainster

Your PIAT weapon has another 4 PIATs subweapons, causing infinite recursion. Removing these 4 PIATs will allow you to compile your estab.
That's brilliant! Thanks very much.

As a matter of interest, how did you track down the fault?

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Just've run your estab through the debugger.
I think we may add some mechanism to prevent cases like assigning weapon A to A as a subweapon.
However, it won't be easily possible to prevent more complex cases like A has B, B has C and C has A from happening.