Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Arty Bug - CTD

Tommy.w

When I select 3 arty units (using shift key) and attempt to designate a bombard order I get a CTD. This occurs when playing as either axis or allies in the 'Trial By Combat' Cauldron scenario.

Version was 5.1.31

I have the .cor file as per instruction seen on the discord channel. (I just cant seem to upload it here)
Please can you advise me on how I can help you to fix this bug.

I have noticed a few other things I will throw below unless asked to move;
Version 5.2.47
'Trial By Combat' Cauldron scenario pack.

If I select the '3rd County of London Yeomanry' (3CLY) HQ and the '4th County of London Yeomanry' (4CLY) HQ and designate an attack order they will not complete the order. - Well not in the 2 day scenario time frame.
In the First Force Data Dialog box the unit reads as 'Moving' - however they are not. They remain stationary for the duration of the scenario. - I appreciate there may be a delay because capacity/load so it may be user error here...
I mention this because in version 5.1.31 I was able to use the units together and they were responsive.

Weather - It seems the visibility and weather in the scenario has changed between versions.
I have recorded the weather states and visibility in version 5.1.31 and 5.2.47.
Firstly it looks like view distances are much more incremental as the sun rises or the weather clears! - that's great and seem to work really well.
The main difference I have noticed is the different type of weather during the scenario - 5.2.47 has more 'moderate rain' and 'heavy rain'. Not a problem really but it does change the way the scenario plays out.- unless historical weather does have an element of variation built in for the player.
I mention this not because its an 'issue' on this scenario but to highlight to anyone else playing scenarios where the weather was a critical factor to keep an eye out.
For an example in this scenario (Trial By Combat 5.1.31) at 06:00 you get a view distance of 2000m for roughly 1 hour. In version 5.2.47 at 06:00 until about 18:00 the best view you get is 500m. Obviously those view distances are very different.

Lastly on 'Trial By Combat' in the 5.2.47 version the AI congregates a group of (Axis) units between Bir Duedar and Strongpoint 2. I cant tell if its an objective for the AI to hold that road. Previously it would use several of those units to defend VP locations I was attacking - now it seems I can bypass a large force and occupy VPs with very limited resistance as the AI is 'in no mans land'.

I hope this helps and I apologies if I'm not understanding the mechanics properly and thus wasting your time.

Attachments

• New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    301.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

john connor

I tried this in the Trial By Combat Cauldron scenario - is this the scenario the OP meant, I wonder? Using .47, Dave. I used Cntrl select to select 3 arty units (this is also what he meant, I think). I got this a few seconds after placing the bombardment. The bombardment started (despite one of my selected units being out of range) then this:

1.png

I have sent you the recording, Dave. I was able to select 'ignore' twice to continue past the assert, but playng the recording produces a CTD.

Also, in that recording, (I hope it shows in the recording) the unit that I have selected which is marked as out of range according the range circles does in fact bombard the target, I think - at least, a line shows from that unit to the target and there are explosions, but it may be that I'm reading that wrong and it's just the other units managing to get the fires in.

Anyway, the assert was easily reproducible.

Last edited:

john connor

Also tried this using Into the Woods, from BaB. Same result!

1.png

So, a good catch by Tommy W, no?

I've sent you the recording from Into the Woods too, Dave.

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
If I select the '3rd County of London Yeomanry' (3CLY) HQ and the '4th County of London Yeomanry' (4CLY) HQ and designate an attack order they will not complete the order. - Well not in the 2 day scenario time frame.
In the First Force Data Dialog box the unit reads as 'Moving' - however they are not. They remain stationary for the duration of the scenario. - I appreciate there may be a delay because capacity/load so it may be user error here...

Dave I guess this may be related to the issues mentioned by Miya.
The rest from Tommy's report is either addressed (arty) or is an expected behavior (visibility&weather) or is not necessarily a bug and requires more collected cases to qualify it as a bug (AI behavior defending VPs).