Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Crash to desktop

JArraya

Had my first ever CO2 CTD. This is with the new version. Wasn't doing anything in particular. Recording attached, hopefully it helps to diagnose and resolve.

Attachments

• game-recording.zip
    587.5 KB · Views: 2

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
This is fixed and pending Dave's review, thank you for bringing this up. If the fix is fine, you'll get new version on Steam tonight and will be even able to continue playing from the point where you've gotten CTD.

JArraya

This is fixed and pending Dave's review, thank you for bringing this up. If the fix is fine, you'll get new version on Steam tonight and will be even able to continue playing from the point where you've gotten CTD.
Thanks @ioncore , were you able to look at the lagging recording I sent? I consistently get that behaviour now and can send another recording if it helps.

john connor

What other fixes are in that build, ioncore? For instance, is the lock-up behaviour fixed in there?

JArraya

No, only this one. Other fixes will be announced individually.
I ran the game with the udate and no further CTD, but ALSO, no more lagging. The game ran smoothly, so maybe the two issues were related. Just thought it would be worth mentioning that you may have solved the lagging issue at the same time.

pekische

CTD with last build 5835917. Marked a group of units and an attack order issued... immediately then fall into desktop

Recording attached

Attachments

• game-recording.zip
    943.4 KB · Views: 1

john connor

The group select-give order-ctd thing has been around forever. Is this what happened, pekische? I find it happens if I select a group that's too large for something in the system to cope with, which size seems to vary, so it's hard to predict, and as I've got more powerful systems over the years it's definitely got less common. It was raised a very long time ago - I mean years - but I don't recall it ever being identified and dealt with. I always save before I do a large lassoo...Be nice if this is what's captured in your save so that it can be looked at.

pekische

I used lassoo but the group was not too large... only one Bn + one Coy... the same CTD I had a day before...

pekische

CTD really happend immidiately after the order was issued... I will try to repeat my process...

john connor

This is very familiar. I recall sending saves to Dave right before the CTD, years ago (before we had recordings...), with precise instructions as to which orders and clicks preceded the CTD, but it would never reproduce for him. Good luck.

Take a save immediately before the last click that preceded the CTD, pekische, and send that along with info on the last click...

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Guys, I am wondering if this is related to another issue that causes a CTD, namely when navigating forces using the cursor keys. We discovered a bug that will return garbage if the superforce (up arrow) points to a force that is not on map and not arriving as a reinforcement. So can you pay particular attention to what force structure type is being displayed. Thanks.

Force Structure.jpg

pekische

CTD again... played with 5856146 built

defend order issued... all work fine... later I click on the defend order (on the map) to edit it - I click on "max" button for aggro, then for ROF and finally for losses. After the third click CTD happend.

record attached... I have no save

Attachments

• game-recording.zip
    227.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: