Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

NaW Digital Bug List

- Could you tell me which scenario froze in multiplayer?
- Overwatch markers stay by default until the unit performs another action or suffers a hit. If you believe this is in error, could you point out the manual chapter that clarifies this?
- HQ association with units isnt exactly a concept in the game beyond the part where they get replaced (where it has to be placed on a unit of same type). Again, let me know if you see a contradiction to their behaviour in the manual.
- There may be certain reasons why an overwatch unit cannot opportunity fire but the game does not necessarily tell you why - it could be a range issue, line of sight, and so on. We'll be working on adding more info on why certain units don't quality. In the meantime if you firmly believe there is an error, I'm happy to take a look if you can give me a save file right before this happens (the game auto saves every activation)
- As for setting multiple units to op fire on the same target unit, as far as I know that should work properly, a screenshot would be very helpful in figuring out what goes wrong

Thanks

Sorry, I should have provided this info.

Scenario 2, Swap Meet, froze.

The issue with HQs is that it is hard to predict when they are going to move with one of their two stacked units. It seems like the first to move; even if you want to to stay.

Rule 3.4.1 Unit Formation Marker Removal. Done at Activation. Ops Complete and OOC Markers are specifically listed, but Overwatch (which was added in a later version of the rules, is logically the same. Overwatch allows you to move some and still have Ops Fire, although at a To-Hit penalty. With a new Activation, they should be able to Ops Fire without penalty, since they haven't moved.

As I recall, the system was offering the second Ops Fire, but then just wouldn't let me actually execute it. If I see it again, I'll capture more.

Your system would not allow me to attach the error.log file I have.

Daniel Karsai

When you have an HQ in a stacked operation plan, you can click the HQ as well as the units to specify which one will go to the next command, so that is how you choose which unit(s) the HQ will follow, when they are both selected.

I'll talk with the designer about the overwatch markers, you make a good point.
EDIT: I received confirmation that the markers are to be removed on activation and new turns. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it will be fixed soon.

There are edge cases of tooltips not giving (enough) info on why something can't be done, so it's possible the second ops fire block was due to some rule limitation that wasn't made clear. I'll know more if I can see it at some point.

You could try to use http://pastebin.com for log files, you can open the log with notepad, copy and paste it into the website, click "create new paste" and copy the address of the page in here, that will allow me to take a look

Thanks

Last edited:

Marechal

Playing the Germans in Aw, Nuts with the new Unity version. On round 6, got stuck on the AI Op Fire. I was unable to continue game (could not finish activation or anything else)

Daniel Karsai

Is there any way you could get me a save file from that session? The game saves automatically on formation activation and on new round, the files would be located in the install folder /save/

Either way I'll look into it. Sounds like something crashed due to special conditions. I'll try to have the game record errors somehow.

Marechal

Is there any way you could get me a save file from that session? The game saves automatically on formation activation and on new round, the files would be located in the install folder /save/

Either way I'll look into it. Sounds like something crashed due to special conditions. I'll try to have the game record errors somehow.
I see them there. How would you like me to get them to you? Here is a zip of the two files. I had some old java edition saves there too (custom saves), so hopefully these are unity saves.

Attachments

• NaW.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Daniel Karsai

If you could, please email them to me:
dan at rivetedtechnology dot com

Alternatively, since the saves are stored as text, you can open it with notepad, copy and paste into pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/
Hit "create new paste" below and copy the site address afterward.

Thanks!

Marechal

Hi Dan, sent some more save files your way. The new saves are from Tigers Still Have Teeth. Chaos chit in turn 4 ground the game to a halt. Rolled a 4, and I, as Axis, could not select an Allied piece to move.

Chris Wilcox

Enjoying the game thus far, thanks!

In White Star Rising - "Aw, nuts", playing as Allied (1.1.0 Unity Beta):

• AI repeatedly focused on attacking a fortified position (Containing an ATG) with units with FP of 1. They spent most of the game in this futile attempt to knock out my AP position. No attempt to bring in a short range attack with something able (e.g. Tiger with 3-3 AP unmodified)
  • Enemy HQ was never replaced after destruction though it appeared that the rules would allow it (only one German Formation)

Robert Robel

I seem to be unable to load or save a game. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. hard to believe I am having a problem with this. The game just does not seam to acknowledge my mouse clicks. Is this unusual?

Daniel Karsai

@ Marechal
The bug with chaos (among other things) should be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for the help!

@ curiousgcc
This seems to happen on Macintosh computers for some reason, I haven't found the cause yet. There are a few users on the steam forums that had the same and were able to run the game through other means:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1226000/discussions/0/2264691117425523865/?ctp=8#c3012312119186581732
Alternatively, you may be able to run it by: Right clicking the game in the steam library, -> Manage -> Browse local files -> start the NationsAtWar.app file in there. Does this only happen with the unity version, by the way?

@ Chris Wilcox
I'll look into these issues, thanks

@ Robert Robel
Is this with the Unity version? It had known issues with the saved games, which should be fixed in the next patch. (Also if you've switched the beta back and forth, the saves will show up in the list but not be compatible between the versions)

Robert Robel

on my save game question... it is with windows 10 my current version is 1.0.2C my old saves are 1.0.2A I don't care about any old saves. I only care that I be able to save the game going forward. Even being able to load from an autosave would be acceptable. I can move the mouse pointer around but mouse clicks on the save or load button are unresponsive. As I said I uninstalled and reinstalled

Daniel Karsai

Oh, sorry about that! It's supposed to ignore incompatible save files (the old ones from 1.0.2A) but I missed something. Your easiest fix would be to delete the old files.
Go to the steam library, right click the game -> Manage -> Browse local files -> open the "save" folder, select all and remove them.
Let me know if that works.

Good news is, save compatibility will be better between future versions once the Unity update comes out. Old saves from the java version will be left behind, though.

Daniel Karsai

Just to be clear, this is after removing the files? The error in listing old saves would prevent new ones from being made (there's a technical reason for it)

Daniel Karsai

My pleasure!
The unity beta just got updated. Multiplayer is available, saves and many bugs have been fixed.

Daemou

Hi,

Just got the game and enjoying the user experience - it was very easy to get into the game. However, the AI seems to get stuck occasionally, making it impossible to finish any scenarios against it. Once it got a leader from chaos (roll 8) and got stuck placing it. No save for that one unfortunately.

Attached is a save from another situation. Pick Axis for your side, then just end your activation, and when the AI gets its next activation an empty "counters" box pops up and the AI thinks for minutes and then the game crashes (reproduced 3/3 times for me).

Attachments

• Autosave stuck.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 0