Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Iwo Jima?....please!!!

Diesel_Kurt

Hello again, this is my official begging request for a future Iwo Jima expansion for Pacific module (I am very excited to soon receive my copy in the mail !!!) playing the digital version harkens me and my brother back to our youth and playing Yaquinto’s “Beachhead” (which was a fantastic album game) I would love to see a Iwo Jima expansion as it was another battle I was very fascinated with. Would love to see some “lunar landscape” maps with black sand... maybe a scenario that honors the raising of the flag on Mt. Suribachi.... I’m sure you get the idea! Maybe your already thinking along those lines, I hope so!!!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The problem is always the same; finding someone to design it (and then make sure it is a financially feasible and sound product). If you are willing to design it, I'm pretty sure you can submit it to LNLP and they will help you along.

Diesel_Kurt

The problem is always the same; finding someone to design it (and then make sure it is a financially feasible and sound product). If you are willing to design it, I'm pretty sure you can submit it to LNLP and they will help you along.
I'll see what I can do depending on time. Wouldn't be too terribly hard to design some scenarios around key events in the campaign. just lots of reading and consideration. Would be really cool to see a linked campaign with multiple scenarios leading up to the raising of the flag, and make that the final objective. Would have to be submitted for LNLP to play test of course!!!! :)
As far as financially feasible, I cant imagine a WW2 Pacific game not including Iwo Jima..... Just such an critically important Battle for both sides. Heck, They made to great movies on the topic. I would imagine that such a campaign would only stir more interest in this awesome game system, keep up the good work boys!
In short.... it wouldn't be feasible to NOT include it in the roster of expansions !!!

Last edited:

Diesel_Kurt

However just doing a little reading , wouldn't make campaign end with Mt Suribachi and the flag raise, because that was the first half of the battle.

Diesel_Kurt

Great! Enthusiasm is always the main driving force :) Just get in touch with Devin at devinh@lnlpublising.com to disuss this with him
Hi Stéphane, I tried to email Devin a hello message and let him know I have some good ideas for a Crete campaign and possibly a Iwo Jima after that, come to think of it a New Guinea “Kokoda Trail” would be nice as well. One thing at a time! anyways I received a wrong domain, failed to send message. Maybe you can send me an updated link privately. Thank you

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
There was an error in the domain name I gave you (lnlpublising instead of lnlpublishing). You should be fine now