Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Soviet BMP-1 & BTR-70

docsmann

I just received HATRS and am trying to relearn the system after years away. Please bear with my questions.

On the Small-Arms vs Infantry PAC that has the counters displayed, there's no BTR-70.

But my question is this.

1. On the 'First Probe' scenario, I have a BMP-1 in 58AG8 engaging troops in 58AG5 (Hvy Bldg). The BMP-1 fires both a 73mm cannon and AT-3 Sagger ATGM.
a. On the BMP's reverse side it's got split values. On the To-Hit for the ATGM, there's an *. What does that denote?
b. What does the 'Small +1' refer to?

2. I want to engage same target with my BTR-70. How would I conduct that fire?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1a. The ATGM requires a minimum distance before being effective. * denotes the fact that it cannot be fired at this range
1b. It refers to the optional vehicle size OFT dice-roll modifiers that can be found on the Turn Track PAC.

2. You can fire only one ordnance weapon so you have to choose the cannon or the ATGM and then follow the proper procedure, as per the rules. See 14.1 for split ordnance to-hit table

docsmann

Stephane, appreciate it. I read further and then answered my own question. Strange how that happens.