Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

View Task for Subordinate Units

I was checking on the status of a subordinate infantry regiment which was supposed to align in a defensive position ordered to its superior division headquarters.

The unit, the 137th Infantry Regiment for the 35th Infantry Division attracted my attention by moving to a AI-assigned "defend" task icon well outside the bounds of the defensive zone assigned to the division HQ. The movement may be dictated by the arrival of the 134th Infantry regiment overnight pushing into the existing line, but it still made me wonder.

When I right clicked on the View Task Data for the 137th Regiment, the disposition showed the same criteria assigned to the division -- toggle on for Ambush, Stragglers, and Basing plus toggles added for "Avoid Friends" and "Retake Position."

I can understand a "Retake Position" toggle, as I assigned the superior unit to defend with maximum aggressiveness.

I'm wondering if anyone has a clue to what "Avoid Friends" does.

Though the toiggle is on it isn't an option that can be assigned under an order icon, and though checked, cannot be changed from the subtask report.

Save game file attached:

Attachments

• AutoSave #5.zip
    530.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

john connor

Is it not just a standard thing, in case it's an arty unit (the 'avoid friendlies' button)? Or possibly it could apply to its organic (abstracted) integral mortars the way the usual 'avoid friendlies' arty button works.

Is it not just a standard thing, in case it's an arty unit (the 'avoid friendlies' button)? Or possibly it could apply to its organic (abstracted) integral mortars the way the usual 'avoid friendlies' arty button works.
Peter,

Mystery Solved!

It's a regiment with artillery under its command -- at least the mortar units assigned to each batallion -- so it must be for the artillery component acting under the regimental HQ orders.

Thanks,