Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

EdJaws

Dave's Brain Numbing Pack
5 Stories From Hell Pack
My Pain In The Ass For The Last 2(?) Years Pack
SNAFU Pack
It Doesn't Really Matter, You Can Now Play The Game Pack
Too Bad It Ain't A Six Pack, Pack

;-]

kipanderson

Hi,
Ok.. this is scary.. John, will understand.. ;)

"I had thought of that - 'Classic Ops' - but then thought it sounded a bit like you might be re-packaging something we had already bought long ago.."

Exactly so.. thought the same.. Classic is the default for “old…” much loved, previous versions of wargames.
All the best,
Kip.

luigi

I still think that everybody will call the game Command Ops 2 or CO2 (funny joke with carbon dioxide by the way).

To avoid confusion between the game and the scenario packs I suggest to call it simply CO2: 2015 megapack or 2015 bundle or 2015 scenario bundle or something along these lines. In case you are gonna sell another one next year you could just change the year and keep it consistent.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I have to make a decision today re the name for the pack of five modules. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm going to call it "Commander Pack 1". I know it's a bit generic but that's not such a bad thing really. Who knows what we might end up bundling in the future.

Following Rich "The Plodder"'s play on acronyms it will be CO2:CP1. :)

kipanderson

Hi,
Very encouraging.. :).
Just popped in to see when we may get our hands on something, public beta of new, free engine with couple of scenarios attached.. or... sounds as if maybe something more.. maybe the full real deal is very close.. ;).
Will be fun,
All the best,
Kip.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 2200 12 Feb 2015

I finished working up our Panther installers for the five individual Modules. I'll work up the one for the bundle (ie Commander Pack 1) tomorrow. I'll then upload these to LNL who will work up their LNL installer - which is the one you will eventually get. But before I do that I need to ensure all is well with the Core engine. The beta team are putting it through its paces. I was bombarded today with feedback and some issue reports. I fixed a couple of these and flagged others to be worked on later. In amongst all this I am now up to page 30 of the new CO2 Game Manual. So we are making good progress. The manuals will be an ongoing process. I won't delay releasing the Core engine for these. With a bit of luck we may be able to release a public beta of the Core late next week. But that all depends on the testing we're doing at the moment. It would be nice to have it out for my 60th birthday which is next Thursday. :happy:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1650 Fri 13 Feb 2015

Good news and Bad News. The good is that the beta testers are doing a great job and have highlighted a number of things that need to be addressed. Plus I fixed most of the show stoppers today. However, we have encountered a crash bug and this is intermittent. I believe that the changes we have made to the UI have introduced a memory leak. This could take some time to track down.

I am generating a new Panther Build as I type and will upload this to LNL tonight. I want the beat testers to give it a thorough going over to make sure all my fixes work properly. On Monday I will go bug hunting in earnest to track down and fix this leak.