Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Bugs/Issues thread?

john connor

Do you want to start somewhere where it's possible to post any bugs/issues we come across, Dave? I can't find a thread that fits. Maybe it's bug free :)

It's certainly fantastic. Great job and well done. So many little additional bits of extra functionality that make it a more pleasing, entertaining and informed game to play. Many thanks.

I've only come across 2 little things so far. I've had a scrambled unit gen tab, but it vanished and I can't reproduce it. And this (very tiny) cosmetic thing, which you probably are aware of:
Untitled.png

But I've only just started playing. I'm delighted to have found four scenarios in the Cauldron pack that I haven't ever played!!!

Great stuff.

Peter

UPDATE:

Can see the scrambled tab a lot now. I have a save, if you want. Looks like this:

Untitled 2.png

The E&S tab is superimposed over the gen tab, I think (or vice versa). Doesn't happen when I first open a tab, but when I open another unit tab which is different, I think. It disappears if I select a different tab along the top there (say, Command), but then reappears when I select gen again.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Can see the scrambled tab a lot now. I have a save, if you want. Looks like this:

The E&S tab is superimposed over the gen tab, I think (or vice versa). Doesn't happen when I first open a tab, but when I open another unit tab which is different, I think. It disappears if I select a different tab along the top there (say, Command), but then reappears when I select gen again.

I hope this will be moved to support forums.
I have noticed it as well. It happens when you open the same screen, but when you closed it previously, a different tab was active (same for editing orders screen). It refreshes itself/ go away with every timestep in the game, so it's most prominent during pause.

Gaetano

In Startup Otions j can not setup other options for screen, in Command Ops 1 yes. In Command Ops 2 j have only one possibility "Match current screen resolution". Why?

Gaetano

In Match current screen resolution j see:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    350.6 KB · Views: 8

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks for that Geetano. OK the reason you don't see anything other than match the current screen is because your screen is neither a 19:9 or 16:10 format. It's a 16:12.8 which is definitely a non standard format. So for our graphics to cope we have to stretch and shrink as appropriate. That's why your startup screen looks more squarish than the 16:9 image we use. Our min screen spec is 1366 x 768. Your screen fails to meet that. The Scenario selection screen is 1366 x 768 and hence will probably fail to display properly on your machine. It may work but I am not warranting that it will.

john connor

Except my screen is 1920x1080, Dave, and I posted that from my start up. So that's not the reason it's not working.

Gaetano

Oh OK fair enough then. I'll look into that aspect. But my comments on the min screen size still stand.

I do not agree, you have to design the software to consider other resolutions, CO1 works well with match current screen resolution 1280X1024

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 11

Gaetano

We have not changed the code in relation to Match Current Screen Resolution. Are you now saying that if you leave the option set to Match Current Screen Res it doesn't work?
J can not setup other options for screen, only Match Current. screen. J see the initial image deformed. In CO1 j can change screen resolution, in CO2 not.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Geetano, Thanks for the confirmation. As I said before you don't get any other options because your screen size is too narrow. It is 1280 and our minimum is 1366. CO1 the min screen size was 1024 x 768 and your screen would have worked. But for CO2 the min screen size is 1366 x 768.

Gaetano

Geetano, Thanks for the confirmation. As I said before you don't get any other options because your screen size is too narrow. It is 1280 and our minimum is 1366. CO1 the min screen size was 1024 x 768 and your screen would have worked. But for CO2 the min screen size is 1366 x 768.
Arjuna monitor 17", 19" still exist. J bought the Commander pack and are disappointed for this motive.