Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lock 'n Load Series VASSAL Modules Suggestions

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
A LOS tool that lock itself in the center of the hexes would be great !

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Thanks for doing all of this Vance, it is greatly appreciated. It will be nice to have VASSAL mods for all of the LnL games. I do almost all of my LnL playing via VASSAL PBEM, so the new mods will be great.

Not sure how difficult it would be, but VASL allows you to trim the boards down to only the area that is in play, and cut out the area of the board not being used for the current scenario. Is it possible to add this feature to the LnL VASSAL mods?

Thanks

Barthheart

Staff member
Thanks for doing all of this Vance, it is greatly appreciated. It will be nice to have VASSAL mods for all of the LnL games. I do almost all of my LnL playing via VASSAL PBEM, so the new mods will be great.

Not sure how difficult it would be, but VASL allows you to trim the boards down to only the area that is in play, and cut out the area of the board not being used for the current scenario. Is it possible to add this feature to the LnL VASSAL mods?

Thanks

I'm glad that people get to play these great games with tools I can build.
Yeah that feature in VASL uses some custom Java programing that I just don't know. I am adding some scenario boundary markers to help denote where the action should take place. Not as good as above but should help somewhat.

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
I figured it had some kind of fancy programming to get it to work. The boundary markers will be a great addition, thanks.

M

Mark Stout

Hey Vance,

Good to see this fine game getting some vassal love. I would like to see Noville get the royal treatment. I that in the works?

Mark.

M

Mark Stout

Hey All,
Welcome to the new home for all things VASSAL for LnLP games.
Over the next little while new and updated VASSAL modules will get posted to this site and at the VASSAL site. We're gonna strive to get everything online and in a consistent and easy to follow and use format.
If you happen to notice anything that needs fixin in the current modules please post in here so we can get everything up to snuff. Also feel free to post any wish list items that you think might be cool to have in the modules.
Any other questions having to deal with the VASSAL modules please ask in here so we can keep it all straight and easy to find for everyone else.

Have fun and hope to hear from you all here and on the new Team Speak server during games!

Vance
How does PBEM work with this game? Looks like it would take a lot of file swaps due to the impluse system. I would be interested in tyring this.

Barthheart

Staff member
How does PBEM work with this game? Looks like it would take a lot of file swaps due to the impluse system. I would be interested in tyring this.

It can take a lot of file swaps as there is lots of interaction. One way is to do all the actions for an impulse and send the file. Your opponent plays the file back until he wants to interrupt your actions, starts a new log and plays from there. You can both also make the die rolls for combat for both sides.
But yes it will take quite a few emails.

Barthheart

Staff member
I've moved these post here to keep this stuff separate. Please use this thread to talk about the Lock 'n Load series modules and extensions.