Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Works :-)

Website
springelkamp.nl
Not much of an AAR.

Just wanted to report my first completed CO2 scenario, Joe's Bridge :joyful:

JoesBridge.png

john connor

I wonder how it works out only a marginal victory, Erik, when there was almost a 50 point difference between you and the Axis? I can't recall what difference yields a dec vic, and haven't got the CO1 manual loaded any longer to check, but I must admit I always thought that a margin of 30 points did it. I would query that result, if I were you. Maybe it's a bug? Or at least check the vic point tariff in the CO1 manual (if you still have) to check what margin yields a decisive victory. I think this should have been decisive.

Website
springelkamp.nl
I looked it up in the old manual :finger:

Victory Level Your VP minus Enemy VP
Decisive Victory 51 to 100
Marginal Victory 16 to 50
Draw -15 to 15
Marginal Defeat -16 to -50
Decisive Defeat -51 to -100

So 3 points away from a decisive victory. :(

I was 2 points away from my maximum, so one would have to look at the German objectives to see where I should have improved.

I guess I should have taken less casualties, because I can't see how to advance much faster.

Anyway, I think it was a decent fight. Crossing the bridge and consolidating in the first open polder area is bloody business anyway, but it happened during the night and that helped.

Last edited:

Bazza42

I looked it up in the old manual :finger:

Victory Level Your VP minus Enemy VP
Decisive Victory 51 to 100
Marginal Victory 16 to 50
Draw -15 to 15
Marginal Defeat -16 to -50
Decisive Defeat -51 to -100

So 3 points away from a decisive victory. :(

I was 2 points away from my maximum, so one would have to look at the German objectives to see where I should have improved.

I guess I should have taken less casualties, because I can't see how to advance much faster.

Anyway, I think it was a decent fight. Crossing the bridge and consolidating in the first open polder area is bloody business anyway, but it happened during the night and that helped.

I also got a marginal victory as the Allies but unlike you I was nearer the draw than a decisive victory

Three queries:

1. Broadly at what level did you give the orders: battalion?

2. You mentioned taking the bridge and re-orging over night: I assume the first night?

3. If you attacked the two units in the town by the barrier how long did it take you to overcome them and what forces did you use?

and, I suppose, a fourth - did you use your airstrikes primarily on the forces guarding the bridge?

The problem I have is that I seem unable to clear the town with 3rd Irish Guards in time to to enable the 2nd Irish Guards to assault and capture the bridge and reorg during the first night., even with no 'rest'.

This is not a complaint about Co2 I had similar problems with CO1 apart from a couple of times when I 'lucked out' with the airstrikes and got a decisive victory by capturing, and barely holding, La Colonie.

Website
springelkamp.nl
I also got a marginal victory as the Allies but unlike you I was nearer the draw than a decisive victory

Three queries:

1. Broadly at what level did you give the orders: battalion?

2. You mentioned taking the bridge and re-orging over night: I assume the first night?

3. If you attacked the two units in the town by the barrier how long did it take you to overcome them and what forces did you use?

and, I suppose, a fourth - did you use your airstrikes primarily on the forces guarding the bridge?

The problem I have is that I seem unable to clear the town with 3rd Irish Guards in time to to enable the 2nd Irish Guards to assault and capture the bridge and reorg during the first night., even with no 'rest'.

This is not a complaint about Co2 I had similar problems with CO1 apart from a couple of times when I 'lucked out' with the airstrikes and got a decisive victory by capturing, and barely holding, La Colonie.

1. The two battallions, and the divisional(?) assets individually.

2. Yes, I established a foothold on the other side during the first night.

3. I took the tanks around to the West of the settlement, and the infantry to the East, then I attacked simultaniously, so they were seriously outflanked.

Airstrikes on the strongest units on both sides of the canal. Artillery was efficiently handled by the AI.

The attack on the settlement was quick enough, with a double attack, to order the first tanks over the bridge at night. I positioned the infantry in an overwatch position along the canal, and ordered the HQ and base to defend the settlement from the South, with the AT unit in a forward position.

The armoured car was running around checking the other bridges for surprises.

The rest of the time I leapfrogged the tanks and infantry in an advance towards the North, each time the previous attacker would take a defensive line on the just conquered terrain to give strong overwatch fire. The AT unit took over the bridge objective when the front moved away. The armoured car mopped up units in the South.

Bazza42

1. The two battallions, and the divisional(?) assets individually.

2. Yes, I established a foothold on the other side during the first night.

3. I took the tanks around to the West of the settlement, and the infantry to the East, then I attacked simultaniously, so they were seriously outflanked.

Airstrikes on the strongest units on both sides of the canal. Artillery was efficiently handled by the AI.

The attack on the settlement was quick enough, with a double attack, to order the first tanks over the bridge at night. I positioned the infantry in an overwatch position along the canal, and ordered the HQ and base to defend the settlement from the South, with the AT unit in a forward position.

The armoured car was running around checking the other bridges for surprises.

The rest of the time I leapfrogged the tanks and infantry in an advance towards the North, each time the previous attacker would take a defensive line on the just conquered terrain to give strong overwatch fire. The AT unit took over the bridge objective when the front moved away. The armoured car mopped up units in the South.

Many thanks,

A couple of differences to the way I have operated previously, clearly better as you seemed to take about 100 less Allied casualties than I normally manage and get across the bridge more quickly.....

ultradave

I should try this one again with CO2. With CO1 the only way I was able to wind was to order the Gds Bde to take the bridge and then sit back and watch :)

When I ran it normally a few times, taking control of battalion orders and artillery, I failed.