Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Beginner Scenarios

alcamatraz

Hi all,

So after trying very halfheartedly to get into CO1 over the years (at great expense) I finally managed to get into a bit of a groove on CO2. (thanks Daz for the tutorial AAR)
I'm especially enjoying Manhay crossroads as Axis, but I am looking for some other scenarios that people would recommend for beginners.
Really I want scenarios where there aren't too many things to think about, and not too huge suprises from the AI, if you aren't too hot on your history of the battles...

Thanks a lot, and great work on the game!

*budd*

I'm going to have to check that AAR closely, i've played Hofen 3 times all draws as the germans. It's a fun scenario.

alcamatraz I usually filter the scenarios by unit count and start with the smaller ones in what ever area I'm interested in.

alcamatraz

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
I'm going to plan to play it this weekend - and create an AAR of it, win or lose.
So keep your eyes open.
I hope I can manage a draw at least, to equal you budd.
It will be my first time playing the scenario, and I'm not going to read your AAR, Daz, until after I do it.
The comparison with your AAR should be worth a few laughs at least.

Bazza42

Hi all,

So after trying very halfheartedly to get into CO1 over the years (at great expense) I finally managed to get into a bit of a groove on CO2. (thanks Daz for the tutorial AAR)
I'm especially enjoying Manhay crossroads as Axis, but I am looking for some other scenarios that people would recommend for beginners.
Really I want scenarios where there aren't too many things to think about, and not too huge suprises from the AI, if you aren't too hot on your history of the battles...

Thanks a lot, and great work on the game!

Joe's Bridge (one of the HTTR scenarios) is also quite small and is a very popular 'starter' scenario, mainly as the Allies,. Most find it relatively easy to get a minor victory but you need to do things just right, and have a bit of luck, to get a decisive one.

Best of luck whichever one you go for