Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Return to St Vith Tutorial Planning Aids *Spoiler alert for those playing as Axis*

Daz

Yeah, I take several screen shots with different unit info displayed, then paste them into Photoshop, copy the un highlighted unit icons to a separate layer that goes on top for clarity, lower the opacity of the orders waypoints by 50% so they bleed through the base layer, same with the enemy footprints.
This is then placed into Illustrator where the overlay graphics are added. That in turn is then placed into InDesign where the text and other bits and bobs are pasted in, then moved about until it looks good.

Daz

I have finally managed to finish page 21, so looking forward to updating the game to version 5.0.11 now and moving on.

Edit: I have let the clock run for another hour now in the latest version.
This is the casualty list as at D1 1730 Sitrep to follow shortly.
Casualties-St-Vith-D1-1730.jpg

Last edited:

JArraya

Daz I managed to get through a few more pages of edits. Can you confirm you should have up to page 7 now?

Daz

Daz I managed to get through a few more pages of edits. Can you confirm you should have up to page 7 now?
Yes thanks JArraya.
Already edited and updated a few days ago, including here on the forums :)

Iconoclast

Daz, i am curious: Why have you set the losses settings of A Coy to 'minimum'? If I wanted to wipe out the german unit, I would have probably tended to a max losses max aggro setting.

Cheers,

A

Daz

B Coy's 35 Tank Bn is a high value unit equipped with Sherman tanks, that is at a huge disadvantage in the forest at night without infantry support.
That's why I have ordered them to deploy and not to conduct the attack themselves. They are to fix the enemy until A Coy 51st Arm Inf arrive. If they start to take damage I want them to withdraw ASAP. I probably should have set their order to min losses but Normal will be ok.
Instead I am sending in A Coy 51st Arm Inf to destroy 13th (IG) Coy 27 Fusilier Regt.

My main concern at the moment is to get A Coy 51st Arm Inf into contact with the enemy as quickly as possible.
The enemy unit is not even deployed yet and I am expecting it to pull back under the weight of B Coy’s 35 Tank Bn’s fire, which will turn the action into a bit of a bug hunt in the forest at night.
If I can intercept it on its withdrawal with A Coy 51st Arm Inf hopefully the AI will put in an attack to finish it off. If not I will order an attack myself.
I don't want them to take excessive casualties on this initial contact. If I need to put in an attack myself once they are close to the enemy I will use an attack order with Normal Losses.
I very rarely use Max Losses as its not often there is an objective that I am willing to lose most of my men to take, without considering an alternative plan.

The biggest problem is it may well retreat into the forest as it has no vehicles and is using the foot terrain tables. In which case I will have to use B Coy 318 Inf Regt in reserve on Lommersweiler to find it and flush it out.

Another option will just be to leave it alone once the route for B Coy’s 35 Tank Bn has been cleared then just sweep the two MSR’s with a patrol shortly before the arrival of CCB, which I will probably do anyway, depending on how tired CCA's reserve units are at the time of CCB's arrival arround midnight.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Sorry, I just realized I confused two companies.

Thanks though for further elaborating.

JArraya

Daz new update sent. If you want to send the latest pdf version I can keep going on that.

Daz

I actually did the same thing Iconoclast that's why I updated with the extra Edit Tasks Dialogue ;)

Thanks JArraya :happy:
I have been busy at work the last few days, but hopefully will have more time over the weekend, although we are going on a guided tour and fossil hunt on Saturday. Should be interesting.
Return-to-St-Vith-Part 1-page-25.jpg

Last edited:

Daz

I have been re tasked by the wife to get some work done around the house, so its going to be slow going for a while.

I have also subscribed to some video lessons on how to use the Adobe applications I use to make the AAR's, so will be watching these in the evenings for a while, but I'll keep plugging away at it in the evening's when I get time.

Daz

Its been a rainy day today so I have been going through the edits that JArraya has been kindly doing for me.

So far I have only got to page 10 but I think I have sorted out the problem of why JArraya has been having trouble selecting the text in the Sitrep text fields during his edits.
The culprit was the "Leading" that I forced on the text, in order to keep the Sitrep text as confined as possible, to give me more room on the page in InDesign, which obviously didn't export very well as a pdf.
Unfortunately the fix overflowed all the text, so I then had to go through all the pages and re arrange the whole layout!
Its done now though so it should be much easier to edit my numerous mistakes in the future.
Thanks JArraya for your patience with helping me :writer:

JArraya

No problem Daz. Just fire the rest of the pages my way and hopefully you can end up with a great finished product that I'm sure the entire CO2 community will admire!

Daz

Thanks mate.

This is the latest pdf link:.
http://adobe.ly/1Fn03NU

Its the fully edited, with corrections version, that brings the AAR up to date with all the pages created thus far.
Its the smallest file size that I can squash it down to and there is a huge loss of quality as a result.
It weighs in at 42.5 mb.

What I need to know from Dave is:
Daz, if you bundle it up into a pdf I would be happy to have it hosted here under the Resources section.
What size packets do I need to break the pdf up into in order to have it hosted under the Resources section?
I would like to have it in a better quality than the one I have just linked to, so may need to break it into several more parts?
Also what is the best way to send it to you for hosting? Email is out of the question for this size of file.

Edit: I have updated all the pages on this forum now with the latest versions.

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
David just got back to me. He says he can handle whatever size you have. He need a link to the file from which he can download it. Then he'll put it in the Resources section of the website. So if you email me the link I'll relay it on to David.

Daz

Thanks Dave.
Back to work today, so Ill sort it over the weekend.

JArraya

Daz, I'll have some time to edit over the weekend as well if you want me to keep going. Just need the pdf file.