Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Return to St Vith Tutorial Planning Aids *Spoiler alert for those playing as Axis*

Daz

Thanks mate :)
The pdf is in the link I provided above. Is it not working for you?

mg422

Daz,

Amazing work. As a new player to the game and watched all the Command Ops learning videos, your work helps a lot! Joined the forum to say thanks!

If anybody has any other links or aids for new players please post it.

Reactions: Daz

EdJaws

I got to say Daz, this is the most in-depth, fantastic, incredible, the bee's-knees, the cat's meow, awe-inspiring, and every other adjective known to man, AAR. I held off reading it until it was complete, or near to it, so I could soak it up without having to wait for the next page and now I will do just that.

I did try to download the PDF link from post #96 but got a "Sorry, this link is no longer active". I have neither an Adobe account nor any adobe software on my system in either Windows or Linux. I do all my everyday computing on Linux and only boot into Windows to play the game. Perhaps that is why I got that message.

What I did do is save every full sized image on my computer; all 27 of them. I'm not sure if the PDF was the images or something else but the 27 JPEG images will do just fine.

I suspect the PDF is the images as per your post #96 seems to suggest it is with the size you're talking about. Somewhat curious though, the folder I put the images in is only 32.7 MB which is at odds with the 42.5 compressed file of the PDF. If I'm missing something extraordinarily in my face (not that uncommon :wacky:) that I'm not aware of, please let me know.

Ed

Daz

Thanks guys, its lovely to receive your praise like that. It gives me a warm glowy feeling inside
C:\Users\KARENS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
:joyful:

The images posted to the forum and the proofing pdf I have been doing for JArraya are quite low quality (some of the smaller text, and lines will be quite fuzzy) Ed. The higher quality one that will be hosted in the Resources will be much crisper and the colours will be better looking (I hope).

I sent you a link to the higher quality pdf at the weekend Dave, via email.
It was sent from the Adobe website as a shared link so maybe you thought it was just junk, as it never came from my email address?

I am nearly at midnight in the AAR now though, so I was thinking, maybe it’s best to spit it into the first part there. Then continue part 2 for the next 24 hours, or maybe split it into 12 hour parts, depending on how much content I produce for that span of time.

Daz

Part 1 at the moment covers from the start of the scenario to Page 26 at D1, 19:00.
For medium print quality, which looks good enough for on screen display I think, its currently 59.64 MB.

If I break part 1 at midnight instead I will be adding another 2 pages to it, so I guess it will probably be around about 70 MB for medium print quality.

Daz

Slow going at the moment because I have to rebuild a couple of the pages.
I had a slight misunderstanding with the way the layers behave, and deleted some I thought were empty, but they had content on them further back in the document. Unfortunately I didn't notice until it was to late to undo the mistake.

Luckily I have the images of the pages on this forum to use as a template to reconstruct them, and I still have the content for them in Photoshop and Illustrator, but need to recompile them in InDesign.
A bit demoralizing but I have almost completed one of them already, and managed to do some of the latest one as well.

Return-to-St-Vith-Part 1-p28.jpg

Last edited:

EdJaws

The images posted to the forum and the proofing pdf I have been doing for JArraya are quite low quality (some of the smaller text, and lines will be quite fuzzy) Ed. The higher quality one that will be hosted in the Resources will be much crisper and the colours will be better looking (I hope).

I'm sure the high quality ones will be quite nice, but... if these were line drawings and plain text, I'd be more than happy. Especially the game tips :) are most helpful.

When I use Gwenview, a KDE Linux image viewer app, in full screen mode, it fits perfectly on my 1920x1200 monitor with the thumbnail image directory on top and the full size 1920x1080 image below. I can read all the text easily, even with my poor eye sight.

Thanks again for making CO2 even better.

Reactions: Daz