Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

World At War Activation Cards instead of Chits

rastamann

Guys

A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to get my brother to play WaW with me and the one thing he disliked about the game was the chit pull system. I confess that I'm not too fond of it either - not because of the randomness but because it forces us to look away when trying to pull them out of the cup.

So I came up with a different system - different, but mostly the same. I went into photoshop and produced a set of cards for the 1st ed Eisenbach Gap just to try it out. The idea is that instead of pulling chits, you shuffle a deck of cards and turn cards instead. You can add randomization by shuffling the deck every time you pull a card.

Hope you guys enjoy and feel free to comment away

Attachments

• WaW Cards.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 106

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
nice work, thank you. I'll have to give them a try on my next EG playing.

rastamann

Thanks! I mean to get around to those as well - it's the other set I own of the system. Could be a month or so, though.

Thanks! I mean to get around to those as well - it's the other set I own of the system. Could be a month or so, though.
You've inspired me to brush up on my Photoshop-fu this weekend, much to the annoyance of the miniatures that thought they were going to get painted.

I've shamelessly poached your idea and am putting the final touches on my first attempt at anything like this.

Thanks for the motivation!

rastamann

You're welcome!! :D
I know what you mean about leaving some minis out to dry without any paint on them ;-) - it's been happening to me a lot lately, and there are so many of them :)

Nice work!

I've got the first edition of B&B, the last EG Deluxe and some PnP sets of counters (first Compendium downloadable version included), and you can feel to which game the activation chits belong just touching them in the mug; so this is a really good idea to improve play in that way.

Regards
Albert