Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Movement rates

kohlenklau

If you have a moment can someone elaborate on an issue?
I did a forum search but did not strike paydirt.

I made my map and want to make sure that the movement costs are appropriate for December 1943 muddy Italy.
I see the default terrain movement table as standard to import and not change. Right?

I poked around and the defaults seemed different from Cauldron to FotG for example?
Not sure why...because sand is a terrain type not a ground condition?
Anyway, I borrowed the FotG/COTA values.

I also see that layers can have default impact to movement, nothing I need to change there?
My map used the FotG/COTA layer defaults I assume.

I don't think I needed to tweak it as Greece is very similar to Italy.

And finally in the scenario I see I can set ground conditions in the weather settings window.
Which I set too Muddy.

Is that about it?

kohlenklau, Sunday at 11:22 A

Kurt

Hmmm , a lot of questions .
If you have a moment can someone elaborate on an issue?
I did a forum search but did not strike paydirt.

I made my map and want to make sure that the movement costs are appropriate for December 1943 muddy Italy.
I see the default terrain movement table as standard to import and not change. Right?

I poked around and the defaults seemed different from Cauldron to FotG for example?
Not sure why...because sand is a terrain type not a ground condition?
Anyway, I borrowed the FotG/COTA values.

I also see that layers can have default impact to movement, nothing I need to change there?
My map used the FotG/COTA layer defaults I assume.

I don't think I needed to tweak it as Greece is very similar to Italy.

And finally in the scenario I see I can set ground conditions in the weather settings window.
Which I set too Muddy.

Is that about it?

kohlenklau, Sunday at 11:22 A
How are Greece and Italy the same !? . Start by drawing your map . Next import map data from an existing map that you consider has similar terrain . So for example if your doing a map for Holland then go into "MAP MAKER" , open one of the "Highway to the Reich" maps , then open your map so their both open together . Click on your map , then click " import map data " , the selection box will open showing the borrowed maps name , click on it to highlight it , click import . All the layer stats on your map will now be set the same as the other/borrowed map . Ok so now you can adjust any of the layers e.g. " woods " , just double click on the " woods " icon on the left hand column and the box will open with all the stats . Change as you desire . You can do this to all the terrain layers if you like , or leave as they are . The default layer just means clear or open terrain ( grass usually ) . Don't forget to save your map giving it a unique name . Ok so far ?

kohlenklau

Never mind!

EDIT: Thanks for the attempt to assist me but it didn't really answer my question.
But then you misquoted me and said I said that Italy was the same as Greece. I didn't say that but having lived in Italy for years and visited Greece I see many similarities in their terrain.

To me the map movement rates should not depend on the country at all...I would think.

Take this map for example.

A sandy beach and then a rocky hill up to a dirt road by a field of grass and a farm with fields of crops and orchards and a village area.

Any country could have this and so I would think movement rates would be the same across the modules.

But they are not so I am wondering why.

Last edited:

Kurt

Never mind!

EDIT: Thanks for the attempt to assist me but it didn't really answer my question.
But then you misquoted me and said I said that Italy was the same as Greece. I didn't say that but having lived in Italy for years and visited Greece I see many similarities in their terrain.

To me the map movement rates should not depend on the country at all...I would think.

Take this map for example.

A sandy beach and then a rocky hill up to a dirt road by a field of grass and a farm with fields of crops and orchards and a village area.

Any country could have this and so I would think movement rates would be the same across the modules.

But they are not so I am wondering why.
Ah I understand , sorry about the miss-quote dude . I guess woods is a clearer example as obviously they can vary considerably . You could still get variability with sand etc I guess . Movement rates are speculative in CO2 especially as there are only two movement categories i.e. motorised and non-motorised . I hope that answers your question . Dave will get round to creating more movement categories in time .