Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Solitaire Play Question

I'm planning to begin playing a military (likely WW2) board game as a SOLO (Solitaire) player for both sides.

As I've been reviewing the games available, I haven't been able to clearly distinguish particular games that are recommended to be played in this format (as opposed to 2 player method only).

I'd appreciate any comments / input that might might make my confusion a bit clearer to me before making a decision.

Thank you,

Bob

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Robert,

None of the Lock n Load series of games are solitaire games, meaning there is no AI for the system to play one side. With that said, the Lock n Load series is very solitaire friendly when playing both sides to the best of your ability. There aren't any hidden units, hidden movement, or other elements that would make it difficult to play both sides. I play almost exclusively solo, and love the LnL series.

Hope that answers your questions.

Ralph,

Thanks for the informative response.

I just wanted to be sure that, if there were any games that were not "solitaire friendly", I'd have some knowledge of those particular games before making a purchase.

Bob

Qwirz

I Second Ralph: Among the two-players games I use to play, LnL (and NAW!!!) is very solitaire friendly, cause of initiative roll and alternate activation. Events too add some spices!!!

Robert,

None of the Lock n Load series of games are solitaire games, meaning there is no AI for the system to play one side. With that said, the Lock n Load series is very solitaire friendly when playing both sides to the best of your ability. There aren't any hidden units, hidden movement, or other elements that would make it difficult to play both sides. I play almost exclusively solo, and love the LnL series.

Hope that answers your questions.

Ralph,

When I look at the game "Novile Bastogne's Outpost", it mentions that one needs "Band of Brothers Deluxe" to play.
I've searched site's games; but, cannot find "Band of Brothers Deluxe" for sale. Can you please point me in the right direction; or, help with my confusion with this topic.

Thank you,

Bob

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Bob

Band of Heroes is no longer in print and Band of Heroes Deluxe was never made. The new edition that will be available very soon is Heroes of Normandy. If you can not wait I would recommend EBay. The new Heroes of Normandy will not only include Band of Heroes Updated but also the expansion game Swift and the Bold.

David

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Bob,

Band of Heroes Deluxe was to include the Original Band of Heroes (BoH) material, as well as the Swift and Bold Expansion. The name has changed from BoH Deluxe to Heroes of Normandy and will still include the original BoH material and Swift and Bold Expansion. It should be the next LnL game to be released after Heroes of the Pacific is out the door.

The new reprints will have the new component format of matte finished counters with rounded corners and maps on heavy cardstock. I would suggest waiting for the new LnL reprints to come out, so you will have consistent components, and not a combination of components from buying a mix of older versions of the games and new versions of the games. (The older versions of the games had counters with a gloss finish and squared corners and mounted maps.). There are plans to reprint all of the previously released LnL games, with the exception of Noville. There are no plans to reprint Noville, so if you are interested in it, I'd suggest picking it up while you can.

Hope that helps.

Eternal

A Day of Heroes will also be re-released with new counters with rounded corners and maps on heavy cardstock.?

Bob,

Band of Heroes Deluxe was to include the Original Band of Heroes (BoH) material, as well as the Swift and Bold Expansion. The name has changed from BoH Deluxe to Heroes of Normandy and will still include the original BoH material and Swift and Bold Expansion. It should be the next LnL game to be released after Heroes of the Pacific is out the door.

The new reprints will have the new component format of matte finished counters with rounded corners and maps on heavy cardstock. I would suggest waiting for the new LnL reprints to come out, so you will have consistent components, and not a combination of components from buying a mix of older versions of the games and new versions of the games. (The older versions of the games had counters with a gloss finish and squared corners and mounted maps.). There are plans to reprint all of the previously released LnL games, with the exception of Noville. There are no plans to reprint Noville, so if you are interested in it, I'd suggest picking it up while you can.

Hope that helps.

Ralph,

Thanks for this information.....guess I'll wait for the planned new release.

I'm unable to find the game "White Star Rising" that is noted below description for "White Star Rising: Operation Cobra". Is something similar (production wise) also related to this game.

Appreciate your input and comments.

Bob

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
In regards to the LnL reprints, I believe they found a stockpile of counters for Dark July and Day of Heroes, so these reprints will have the old style counters until they exhaust the stockpile. Sorry for any confusion.

White Star Rising is out of print, and due for a reprint. Not sure of the timing of it though. I know Sean and Company have been hard at work updating and clarifying the rulebook and adding more examples. I think the only thing still in print for the Nations at War Series is Desert Heat and the two WSR expansions that just received a reprint (Cobra and Airborne).

Jimmy hansen

I find any Lock n Load to work for me solo. Also world at War. Plus for WWII try worthington games band of brothers screaming Eagles or ghost panzer.

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Heroes of the Gap (HotG)will be reprinted, expanded, and get a new name. The reprint will include the original HotG components, as well as the Honneur et Patrie (HeP) components, and the maps from Heoroes of the blitzkrieg that we're needed to play HeP.

Dean Halley

Great! I have been away from LnL for a long time. I plan to purchase Heroes of The Pacific next month, and look forward to many of the reprints that are being planned, including HotG under its new name.

Have a great day,
Dean

Jeff Lewis

A Day of Heroes will also be re-released with new counters with rounded corners and maps on heavy cardstock.?[/QUOTE
Day of Heroes will not have the new counters. It will have new box, Player Aids, rules (all in color). The Map is now heavy cardstock and in two pieces. There's an additional scenario and map for it, from Line of Fire 1.

Great! I have been away from LnL for a long time. I plan to purchase Heroes of The Pacific next month, and look forward to many of the reprints that are being planned, including HotG under its new name.

Have a great day,
Dean

Dean,

Welcome back. You will enjoy the new and update products.

Mike

hlhartman

We have been working on a Solo Edition of Lock 'n Load Tactical but we are not ready to announce it just yet.

Very interesting, David. From what I've read, though, the system seems highly functional as a solo without much (any?) finagling. That's great from the outset.