Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi Dave,

First of all, thank you very much for your detailed report.

Let me ask about the problems with the Bases reported in this threads:

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/base-stops-moving.1906/

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/base-taking-casualties-for-no-obvious-reason.1907/

Have you looked into these problems? Could you please check them?

Thank you very much for all the support !

Txema
Sorry I did look into these. I fixed the issue with the base not drawing from its own stock. This only occurs during the planning process when it checks to see if the force is low on fuel and needs to request a resup. But I have not had time to address the other issues yet.

Ripppe

That's really nice news Dave! Now its the question about from where I find the money...

Last edited:

Kurt

Dave , great scenarios . Just had a quick look through the estab for Westwall , there are a few errors that have been carried over from BFTBEstab . The Flamm-Pzr 38(t) is listed as having quantity 9 bursts / rounds of ammunition for its flamethrower , this should be quantity 60 . Likewise the PzKfw B-2(f) has quantity 9 , this should be 56 . The 12.2cm sFH 396(r) is listed as using 12.8cm ammo .

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
What's your reference for these? It all depends on the length of the burst. If you measure this as 1 second, then sure you will get a high number. But if you measure it as an effective burst of say 20 seconds then you will get a lower number.

Last edited:

Kurt

I have researched the quantity of "napalm" carried by these vehicles and yes it is based on short bursts . If larger bursts are represented in the estab then this should apply to all these types of vehicle particularly if they have the same 15 kg - 15m effect radius . The British Crocodile tank is listed as having 80 bursts for example , which must therefore be incorrect if based on 20 second bursts . I have to ask why larger bursts would be required every time ? That seems wasteful when a 3 second burst would suffice .

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP Thursday 19 Nov 2015.

I now have the game compiling under Visual Studio 2013. I have modified our installer scripts so they use the new 2013 vc redistributable dlls. These contain the MS Foundation Classes used by the game. I will put out a new build in a few days based on the new version. I will be liaising with LNL to ensure that the old dlls are removed and the new ones installed. We have done testing here and with a few beta testers. I believe we have sorted out all the necessary libraries. But we won't know for sure till it gets out to a wider audience - that's you good folks.

The new build fixes the out of sync bug that was preventing multiplayer games and replays. It also fixes the annoying assert that fired in our dev builds relating to the attack timings. I have increased the width of the Tools dialog so the remaining time for air strikes can be clearly seen. I'm hoping tomorrow to fix the Unable to Move issue (http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/fixed-5-1-20-unable-to-move-short-distances.1837/).

MarkShot

Last night, I got to read the entire v1.1 manual.

Am I missing something? I was sure there were new features like new map overlays? A game recorder and the ability to step back into the game an any point?

Have I missed something? I just skimmed this entire thread. Is there another PDF, thread, or video somewhere describing functionality beyond BFTB (as the manual still mentions BFTB in various spots)?

Thanks!

simovitch

Dave , great scenarios . Just had a quick look through the estab for Westwall , there are a few errors that have been carried over from BFTBEstab . The Flamm-Pzr 38(t) is listed as having quantity 9 bursts / rounds of ammunition for its flamethrower , this should be quantity 60 . Likewise the PzKfw B-2(f) has quantity 9 , this should be 56 . The 12.2cm sFH 396(r) is listed as using 12.8cm ammo .
Kurt, where in the estabs are you getting your values for bursts/round? I don't think there is such a parameter. It seems that you are interpreting "load", which is the max load of a particular ammo for a weapon, with something called "burst/round". Please clarify.

Also, We could create a whole new ammo type for the 122mm Russian gun, but in game terms it would be virtually identical to the 128mm HE ammo so it was decided (long before I joined the team) to just use the same HE ammo for both guns.

MarkShot

Richard,

BTW, I see where I missed map overlays.

Is there a replay feature? Will I see that when I hit the AAR screen?

Kurt

Kurt, where in the estabs are you getting your values for bursts/round? I don't think there is such a parameter. It seems that you are interpreting "load", which is the max load of a particular ammo for a weapon, with something called "burst/round". Please clarify.

Also, We could create a whole new ammo type for the 122mm Russian gun, but in game terms it would be virtually identical to the 128mm HE ammo so it was decided (long before I joined the team) to just use the same HE ammo for both guns.
Hi Simovitch , yes I am referring to "load" which indicates how much ammo / fuel that weapon system has to hand before it requires re-supplying . At the current setting for all flame-tanks ( except the British Crocodile ) they would be out of ammo very quickly , making them virtually ineffective IMO . The 122mm gun is listed as having a range of 23000 metres , incorrect , it should be 11000 metres . Also the shell weight is listed as being 28.3 kg , it should be 22 kg , thus a lower yield and therefore blast zone .