Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Westwall Module Released

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The new Westwall Module for CO2 has been released and is now available from the LNL Store:
http://store.lnlpublishing.com/panther-games/command-ops-2-westwall

COWW-Box-115-9-1.jpg

The Westwall series covers the Allied attempts to breach the vaunted Siegfried Line and drive into the heart of Germany in the fall of 1944. Westwall highlights the major battles along the German frontier between Arnhem and Aachen, including the battles around the Peel Marshes, Geilenkirchen, and the Stolberg Corridor. As the Allies, can you breach the Westwall and overrun the exhausted German Army before they can rest and regroup? Or as the Germans, can you hold out sufficient reserves for a lightning strike against the Allied juggernaut?

Featuring highly accurate, detailed and beautiful maps, these scenarios field a varied force mix, including some with heavy concentrations of armour requiring dynamic, challenging operational decisions. The scenarios range in size from Regimental actions through to Army level operations. Contains 12 scenarios.

Price: $29.99.

Ripppe

Job well done, yet again! Could it be possible to get the name, description and duration of each scenario?

mg422

Dave,
Just purchased the module and like the scenarios a lot. Think it is a great value. Saw in prior post a list of the scenarios for this module and are not in it. Curious to know what happened to them and (if not renamed or modified) will they be released? The titles of the scenarios I saw from an earlier list and not in this module are as follows:

Arnaville Bridgehead
Bake comes West
Flanking Metz
Geilenkirchen
Siegfried switch

By no means am I complaining, most of the omitted scenarios were smaller but interesting to me. Thanks again!

Daz

Awesome!
Looking forward to getting some time to play this :)

simovitch

Dave,
Curious to know what happened to them and (if not renamed or modified) will they be released? The titles of the scenarios I saw from an earlier list and not in this module are as follows:

Arnaville Bridgehead
Bake comes West
Flanking Metz
Geilenkirchen
Siegfried switch
Geilenkirchen is in there, its called "The Costly Clipper". The rest would have required too much development time to get them up to stock quality. We plan on completing the Westwall series with the Fall 1944 battles from Hurtgen to the Alsace-Lorraine sometime in the future.

GoodGuy

We plan on completing the Westwall series with the Fall 1944 battles from Hurtgen to the Alsace-Lorraine sometime in the future.
Does that mean that the several battles of Hürtgen Forest (reminder, it's spelled Hürtgen, "ue" is a valid replacement for " ü ") will be covered?
  • If so, is the Battle for Schmidt (which the Germans dubbed "All Soul's Day-Battle", 2nd of November 1944) going to be covered?
  • What parts of Operation Queen (launched on the 16th of November, 1st and 9th Army, Hodges and Simpson) will be covered? Depending on the scope (means size and number of included scenarios), it might actually turn out to be a must-have, if it's done right :).
The Hürtgen scenarios will be challenging for the player, but also for the scenario designers, though:
  • For instance, the German 275. Inf Division was reinforced to a strength of ~6500 troops, and possessed 150 guns, resulting in 2 US regiments suffering heavy losses, when they started their advance during the inital phase of Operation Queen, as the Germans were well prepared, and as their Artillery pieces caused quite some havoc. The road network did not offer viable routes for tank support, until US engineers forced open paths (along the rocks) with explosives, to widen the Kall trail, consisting of a forest track and dirt road that was lined with rocks and mountain walls (eg. "Kall trail") at places, creating an evil bottleneck.
  • Evacuation of the wounded and resupplies were both seriously hampered by the bad US planning (the Kall trail was picked as main supply route, even though it could not support a sufficient flow of supplies), so that the Operation had to be halted for 2 days (on the 19th of November) to regroup and work on the supply problem, giving the Germans time to bring in 2 more Divisions. V. Corps took over and the 8th US Division then picked up the attack on the 21st of November, but it could only advance slowly, due to the heavy resistance.
Will such details be covered?

Last edited:

simovitch

Goodguy, nice to see you still around. We usually get most of the details (and spelling) right but we have a long way to go to get through development for these to see the light of day. Have you actually purchased the game yet?

SSG D

Dave,
Will LnL deliver West Wall via download? I can't seem to find that button on their Store site.
Joe

k0enig

Just a quick question: is the West Wall module a revamp of 'older' CO1 scenarios, or a entirely new set of scenarios?

k0enig

Oh this is just perfect. Instabuy once I'm home from work! Thanks Dave!

ironsight

Just getting back into the game after a long layoff. My time with CO goes all the way back to HTTR. I also have BFTB via Matrix. Some of you may know me as elmo3 (Lee Elmendorf) from their forums. Looks like Westwall will be my next purchase after I get through the CO2 manual and the three core scenarios.