Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What ever happened to this?

Dean Halley

I am returning to LnL after a six year absence. I know that six years ago Mark Walker was spearheading a digital LNL game for Stalingrad. Now that I am back I am wondering what happened to it.

Have a great day!
Dean

Dean Halley

Thanks Dave,
I looked this up at Matrix. I have the Matrix versions of CoH, and I do not enjoy playing them very much. I know that is not all Matrix's fault, but it makes me leery of buying another computer version of a board game. Can any one who has played Heroes of Stalingrad give me their review of it? I know everyone has different preference, but it would still give me some insight into the game.

Thanks
Dean Halley

Dean Halley

Thanks! Its exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if there any plans to develop other computer versions of LnL games?

Have a great day!
Dean

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Dean

We are making a few computers games as well as working with other developers. We just released a new Battle Pack The Westwall for Command Op2. We give away for free the core game with 2 scenarios to let gamers try the full game before they even pay for one Battle Pack. This way you can try it without needing to ask the type of questions you are about the game above. You do need to register on our store. You can find the core game here and all the available Battle Packs.

If you have any questions you can ask in the Command Ops 2 forum right
here. Please let me know what you think if you try it.

David

Barthheart

Staff member
Dean,
I helped Mark develop Heroes of Stalingrad. It plays exactly like the boardgame. You even have the option to have all the modifiers and dice rolls displayed so you can learn how the system works. The UI is a little clunky but the game play is great. It has both solo AI for the enemy and multiplayer live matches.

Bill Jenkins

I have it as well and have played it an moded it quite a bit too. I like it a lot especially when I cant find someone to play a miniature game with. It is kind of like a simplified version of ASL.

Punisher

Heroes of Stalingrad is one of all time favorite WWII PC games. You cant go wrong by buying this game. I am axcouis to see how Heroes of the Pacific turns out.

Gunnyhighway

Heroes of Stalingrad is a fine game as an introduction to the genre without being too simplistic.

It is better than most game in that category.

I bought it in August 2014 from Matrix and did not regret that purchase.

I got COH as well and I wasn't happy with it either. But, Mark Walker's Heroes of Stalingrad even with the "few" bugs it has is a great game and reminds me a lot of Squad Leader. It's not Squad Leader but it sure will remind you of it.