Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

ToolTips not displaying in 5.1.21

Muzzlehead

Are there tooltips for the orders window in the current release version 5.1.21?

Page 65 references them in manual 1.1, but hover the mouse over the order button no tool tips display... nor when I hover over the weather in the control window.

Actually I am now noticing there are no tooltips at all. Is this a known bug/removed feature? When I hover my mouse over the fatigue bar in the Force window I am not receiving any tool tip info.

Last edited:

Muzzlehead

The latest patch 5.1.22 cleared everything up for me.... tool tips are back!

Muzzlehead

Well bad news... the tool tips seem to work sometimes and not others... sorta frustrating...

It either works on start up or it does not... So far I have only been able to see the tool tips once in game, after I ran the game the first time after patching. I have not been able to load or start a new game with tool tips.

I am running a pc win 7 64bit, I7 with 16gb ram and GTX 960 Nvidia

I updated all my drivers and still no luck with seeing tool tips

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'm not seeing this behaviour here. We need to narrow down the cases where it fails. I am wondering if this could be matter of focus - by that I mean the area of the screen the machine is focussed on. Is it a case of you having moved the focus away from the Cmd Ops app (game) to some other app and then coming back to it with the cursor but not actually having clicked on anything in the game interface. Could you please try and replicate that by opening the game, click on the map and then try rolling the cursor over a button and see if the tool tip occurs.

Muzzlehead

I have done the following three times no change: Boot the machine from cold start. Wait until machine is fully booted. Then open Command Ops with Match Current Screen Resolution (1680x 1050). Open up a new game. Open a scenario, select side and launch game. Then I pass the cursor over any place there might be a tool tip...nothing. Then click map, select friendly unit, unselect friendly unit, right click on map bring terrain window up, left click on map twice drop terrain window. Select Friendly again and pass cursor over tool tip locations...nothing.

I uninstalled the program ... reinstalled it with the new exe file (I downloaded the latest setup file 5.1.22 exe) and still no tool tips. I have other programs on the machine that do display tool tips.

Now something I noticed... I not only uninstalled Command Ops 2 (used the uninstaller) off my machine, after that I went to the file location and deleted the remainder of the Command Op 2 folder... it contained things like the Commander Pack scenarios.... but when I reloaded the game (just base game) it remembered my previous in game menu settings. Is there another location on my drive where files are set ... perhaps if I delete them... particularly if that is the location of a bug or corruption it might reset my tool tips?

Is there a way to reset the game to the default menu setup..... perhaps if I revert to the default it will reset the tool tips..... as I said even uninstalling the game does not changed the menus as I set them from my previous time in game/on the map

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
It remembers those settings because they are stored in the machines registry. You can delete these using RegEdit but they should have no bearing on the tooltip issue. I just checked again and one thing I noticed I that not all controls have a tool tip. The order buttons in the orders dialog definitely do. You do have to leave the mouse over them for a few seconds before it appears. Can you please confirm by moving the mouse pointer over the Fire button, as in the picture below, and hold it there for a few seconds.Tool Tip #1.jpg

Last edited:

Muzzlehead

I do not see a picture..... but if I left click on the map, the select a unit, then pass the cursor over the fire button located in the orders menu ... still no tool tips

Muzzlehead

Yes that is exactly what I did.... I have also fiddled with some other settings on my machine.. I had the task bar auto hide and reset it to default... still no change....

Now I ran another program VASSAL used for online board-gaming.. it is dependent on java... but all the tool tips work fine in that game.

I understand this may be very different from your software package but I have the same sneaking suspicion that my Command Ops game environment is not fully set on the foreground of the screen or as you named it 'focus' I will continue to screw with my settings in hope of figuring out what is glitching it.... It is hard to play without tool tips... I did not realize how much I read them ... til they were gone

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Cmd Ops is designed to work with other apps provided they conform to standard Windows guidelines. Besides as you said above you started Cmd Ops from a cold reboot, so the only other software running would be the background processes and not any other 'normal' apps. Can you do a cold start, wait for a couple of minutes and then do a DiagDX report for me - see here for details:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/how-to-get-a-direct-x-diag-file.885/

This should show what processes you have running before you launch CO2. We may then need to start turning these off till we work our which one is conflicting.

Muzzlehead

Eureka!!

I discovered the problem.... it has to do with my CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) for my Corsair M65 RGB mouse. If I disable the software (exit) and run the generic mouse drivers the tool tips return.

So I narrowed down the issue to the RBG lighting effects for the mouse.

Now I find this strange, if I quit out of CUE the lighting remains on the mouse as the last profile dictated before I closed CUE and the tool tips return.

Or I can leave CUE running and disable all lighting on the mouse and the tool tips return.

I am leaving CUE off and only activating it when (or if) I need to adjust my profile. Previously I had it set to start auto when my machine came on. Mouse has a profile load ed in it.. All need to change the profile is load up CUE ... switch profile ....close CUE... and everything runs fine.

I hope this is of help if anyone else runs into a tool tip issue... I about lost my mind trying to figure it out

Last edited: