Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

All Things Zombie Reloaded

I received ATZ Reloaded the other day,and I really like this game. This is the second game I have purchased form Lock and Load. Although I played Final Fade Out from Two Hour Wargames(I have a lot of THWs games, Thats where I learned about ATZ Reloaded and lock and load) Its a lot easier to setup and plays pretty much the same although there are some major differences. I like the quality of the components,the maps are really cool. Again I really like the game. I also have Heroes of the Pacific and have pre-ordered Heroes of the Nam. Keep up the good work, I really love your games. I plan on making future purchases,(I am still playing miniatures but now I am making time for hex and counter)Thanks again and have a good day

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
I received ATZ Reloaded the other day,and I really like this game. This is the second game I have purchased form Lock and Load. Although I played Final Fade Out from Two Hour Wargames(I have a lot of THWs games, Thats where I learned about ATZ Reloaded and lock and load) Its a lot easier to setup and plays pretty much the same although there are some major differences. I like the quality of the components,the maps are really cool. Again I really like the game. I also have Heroes of the Pacific and have pre-ordered Heroes of the Nam. Keep up the good work, I really love your games. I plan on making future purchases,(I am still playing miniatures but now I am making time for hex and counter)Thanks again and have a good day
Robert,
Good to hear from you. Being a steady THW customer I really appreciate your feedback on Reloaded. I tried to make it as close to the minis game as possible while getting the benefits of the board game mechanics - Event Cards, etc - to make playing easier. Thanks again,
Ed

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
I received ATZ Reloaded on Friday. I've read through the manual but I haven't had a chance to set up a game yet. I'm very impressed with the new rules and I can't wait to get this one on the table. I like the new focus on human interactions and the fleshed out NPC AI mechanics. The components are top notch and I love the new map format. For my money this is still the most versatile zombie game out there. I'm really happy I upgraded to the latest edition.
Thanks for the comments. Yes, the NPC AI mechanics bring a new element to the game. Although it's a "zombie game" ATZ always has been about human to human interaction. After all, know one remembers how many zeds they kill, but they do remember how they interacted with the NPCs. Thanks again,
Ed

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
You are right Ed, the first edition of the ATZ board game certainly did account for human interaction. I guess when I wrote "New focus on human interaction" I really meant that the new version has even more of a focus on this aspect of the game. I played some small solo encounters tonight. I think the mechanics in the new version are nicely streamlined and there is more of an rpg feel to the play while still retaining the tactical nature of the game.
I agree with you, just didn't express it clearly. Reloaded is MUCH better at NPC interaction than any previous version, both board game and minis game.
I like Reloaded because it has an easy to use Campaign system that isn't closed ended with a limited number of scenarios. There are specifics Encounters but they are open-ended. No two will ever play alike for a variety of reasons.

High Krausen

What are the specific differences between the first and second edition? I have a copy of the first...if I DL the living rules, will I be able to play the 2nd? And if not, what would I need to make first playable under second rules?

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
What are the specific differences between the first and second edition? I have a copy of the first...if I DL the living rules, will I be able to play the 2nd? And if not, what would I need to make first playable under second rules?

You could read the changes and use some of them, but the actual Player Aid Cards, Maps, Tables, and Event Cards is not in the Living Rules.

Hi,

I am in the UK. Can you tell me who will be selling ATZR here please? Keep checking Gameslore but they only have listed a restock of ATZ - and I wnat the new edition.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
Sorry for taking so long to reply.
Specifics - off of my memory as I don't own the original.

More NPC interaction.
Easier melees.
Different levels of danger for entering different building types. The more dangerous the building,usually the better loot found.
Event Cards streamline the turn and how things are met.
Zombies are generated correctly instead of how the procedure was altered in the original.
The campaign is not limited as before. You have a variety of missions and each will play differently each time its played.
Hope this helps,
Eds