Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Support leading Assault

Daz

version 5.0.16

The Mortar Platoon has decided to take point in the Bn Attack.

Ill get the save to you via email ASAP.

GnS-Mortar-leading.jpg

ironsight

I don't have a save file but it was the Mortar Pl 23 Arm Inf Bn that starts the game attached to TF Johansen HQ. I did notice that it had the same Support Filler role as shown in Daz' screenshot above at the time that it was leading the charge. Hope that helps

Daz

ironside, What is the estab for that self propelled arty unit leading the charge?
Its not an Armored Artillery unit Dave, its 3 M21 Mortars mounted in Halftracks.
I have seen this behavior where the mortar platoons take point a few times since my bug report, but its not the norm.
It usually happens when the mortar platoon has to join the assault force in order to come within range of the objective.

You need to find a way of keeping them behind the Hub a discreet distance and change pace with the assaulting force, especially if the mortar platoon is wheeled and the assault formation is on foot.

daathus

I cannot give any specifics but must add that I have also experienced this behaviour when a mortar platoon was acting as the vanguard for a battalion attack.