Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Keyboard Reference - Uploaded!

MarkShot

You know what they say about a picture:

co2r.jpg

MarkShot

My pleasure. Of course both files are simply application manipulations of the game manual and only involved 30 minutes worth of work. But I believe that it is handy to have available as opposed to go hunting through the PDF. The JPG actually recalls the days of foldout game reference cards. Remember those? :) (VHS tapes, vinyl records, cameras, ...) Yes, if you do, it says something about how old you are.

There are definitely some errors I believe. Like I established with Dave this week that ALT-LCLICK and ALT-RCLICK no longer acts as map zoom function. There may perhaps be others.

And there are undocumented secrets:

You believe there are 3 game speeds accessible from with "<" and ">", but there are actually four. If you go ">" beyond #3, you'll find turbo mode. What happens is the engine drops video frames (from the render thread) to allocate more CPU to simulation (another thread). Now, how much mileage you get from "turbo" depends on two things:

* The scenario size (# of units)

* Your CPU speed

Your machine can in reality be maxed out even at the lowest speed, and then you will see not speed up by selecting higher speeds. So, if you really want to give turbo a try, then pick a scenario with the fewest units possible.

Enjoy!