Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED - 5.1.25 - LowOnFuel Issue

Renato

The incessant crashes I experience in Westwall Scenarios are a real pain.

This one is just an example.

Attachments

• b - The Infernal Island.zip
    311.2 KB · Views: 3

Renato

Renato, thanks for the save. But I'm going to need a bit more than just a save file. How about you explain what happens and provide a screen shot. If there is an error message grab that too. Thanks.
It happens even if I do nothing, but not exactly at the same time. There is no error message, it simply crashes to the desktop.

Kurt

I get that but I am on Windows 10 , I enable auto save so its easy to go back and carry on .

Renato

I get that but I am on Windows 10 , I enable auto save so its easy to go back and carry on .
Even I use auto saves, but it's a pain. Now I've downloaded a new Westwall Scenarios module hoping the situation improves. Let's see!

By the way, I use Windows 7 Professional, 32 bits (Service Pack 1).

Renato

Even I use auto saves, but it's a pain. Now I've downloaded a new Westwall Scenarios module hoping the situation improves. Let's see!

By the way, I use Windows 7 Professional, 32 bits (Service Pack 1).

It is exactly as before. I have stopped to play the Westwall Scenarios (after all I play out of amusement).

Now I'm replaying the Highway to the Reich Scenarios, and the situation is much much better: up to now I had just 1 crash.

I know it's difficult to find the causes, since the crashes are not persistent; they might be due to the Scenarios or to the great number of units.

CO2: Ver 5.1.24 is routinely crashing on me while playing. Attached is a saved game (needed to add .txt to the name). For me it will crash after a couple of minutes of running at the double arrow speed. I have also attached what visual studio shows when I attached.

Attachments

• crash.cog.txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • CO2_Crash.jpg
    CO2_Crash.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 7

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Renato,

I have checked out your save. Yes there is an issue there. It concerns the 2nd Coy 22nd SS Bn. It's run out of fuel, requested a resup and its on the way. But his boss has, in the meantime, sent him new orders. Alas the if test and subsequent scheduleing code for assessing his fuel status and what to do about it doesn't really handle his particular situation well. It should not be trying to move but rather holding in place. I need to make some changes to the code. I'll do so and put out a new build. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

BTW in future what would help is to know the game time when the error occurs, a screen dump of the error and the map. If this includes the control panel then I can get the time from that.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
CO2: Ver 5.1.24 is routinely crashing on me while playing. Attached is a saved game (needed to add .txt to the name). For me it will crash after a couple of minutes of running at the double arrow speed. I have also attached what visual studio shows when I attached.
Jeffrey I've moved your post to here because it's the same issue.

Renato

Renato,

I have checked out your save. Yes there is an issue there. It concerns the 2nd Coy 22nd SS Bn. It's run out of fuel, requested a resup and its on the way. But his boss has, in the meantime, sent him new orders. Alas the if test and subsequent scheduleing code for assessing his fuel status and what to do about it doesn't really handle his particular situation well. It should not be trying to move but rather holding in place. I need to make some changes to the code. I'll do so and put out a new build. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

BTW in future what would help is to know the game time when the error occurs, a screen dump of the error and the map. If this includes the control panel then I can get the time from that.

Dave,
my compliments! I think it wasn't easy to find the problem.

I realize we costumers are sometimes a bit stingy with the information. I'll try to improve next time. :)

Anyway, many thanks!

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
All right then, I have modified the code so that the Scheduling now handles these cases where a unit was waiting for a resup because it was low on fuel and yet receives new orders to Move. Now what happens is that the PlanDoctrine code will check to see if it is low on fuel and has a resupply run on the way. If so, it will instead create temp defend inSitu task till the resupplyRun is scheduled to arrive. The n it will replan and Move off. As it happened the reason it was receiving new orders was because it sister companies were reacting and forcing their boss to reassess. Anyway the new code handles two more of these new orders arriving before it got resupplied. It all ended up good. See below.

FIXED
2.11 On the Move again.jpg