Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

5.1.24: Window location persistance

MarkShot

I am not sure if this is intended or not.

The game only remembers your preferred window positions when said windows are open when the game is closed (process terminated). Otherwise, the game only remembers the desired location during the current session.

Personally:

* The game should store (non-volatile) the last position of any window at the time it is dismissed; not wait for game termination.

* There needs to be a way to reset all window positions to display on the primary display with the map as a recovery mechanism. (just in case)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Agree with the second point.

Re first point. There are benefits to having it the way it is. You may have a favourite layout but want to temporarily move a dialog. The current situation supports that. Ideally we should be able to save a layout profile and then use your option. But for now I'll leave it the way it is.

MarkShot

Yes, a lot of multi-windowed games allow different layouts to be named/saved/recalled. A prime example of this is chess programs. A nice feature.

Although I think perhaps less useful for a game like this. For the most part, I can live with a single window layout. If I had two 32" TVs or 3rd display, then I would just have everything open permanently.