Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED - CmdOps.exe has stopped working

Hammer757

I recently started getting random crashes “CmdOps.exe has stopped working”. After acknowledging the alert, CO2 shuts down. This seems to coincide with the installation of the recent update and purchase and installation of “Flight of the Valkyries” around the same time.

It occurs after several hour of game time and sometimes it seems to occur after a lot of units are visible on the map. If I have a save prior to the crash, it will occur at the SAME time if I reload the saved game. For instance in the Elsenborn Ridge scenario the crash is at Day 1 1800 on the nose.

it occurs while I'm interacting or when I am hands off. I confirmed this but loading scenarios form the start and having it run to a point a few days into the scenario completely hands off and still get crashes.

I have run through two of the three core scenarios as well and get crashes there too. Again usually well into the game.

Originally I ran the update module and now have uninstalled the CO2 and installed the complete updated 5.1.25 installer. still having the problem.

I’m still poking around, but this is where I’m at the moment.

the page will not allow the .cog extension so I have renamed the save to a .txt file and attached.

Attachments

• Els2 D11748.txt
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hammer757

I have 5.1.22 installed on a laptop and transferred the save and let it run and I get the crash at exactly the same time.

Hammer757

Thanks Papy, I see that now. When I originally read that thread, I confused the posting dates and thought it was from last year #facepalm

Tempest

Well I used my saved game of Joe's Bridge using the new 5.1.126 game fix and no crash. So the latest update looks good so far.:happy:
Didn't want the lads paying for the same real estate twice. Got a draw FWIW and Monty wasn't happy.
It's late here.
I'll try it again tomorrow with the scenario from the start.