Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Char B1 FT

Mehring

Playing the red Devils over Arnhem, I many times attempted to micromanage my french flame tanks into close enough range to use their FT. I achieved close proximity, around the inner red range ring, but if use of the FT should correspond with a reduction of FT fuel tanks, I was unable to get them to use FT armament. Has anyone been able to fire them?

Kurt

Have not tried with the Char B1 FT , it seems to work okay on other FT tanks . The estab will be updated soon to improve FT tank behaviour .

Mehring

Finally got the Char to fire its FT, 7 shots between five surviving AFV over a protracted period and at very close quarters. Might be the low training/experience of the crew or lack of traverse for the bow mounted weapon that creates the difficulty? No idea how this is modeled in game.

rocketman

IIRC, playing the Char in Combat Mission, its flamethrower is fixed in the hull, so it can pretty much only fire forwards.

Kurt

Finally got the Char to fire its FT, 7 shots between five surviving AFV over a protracted period and at very close quarters. Might be the low training/experience of the crew or lack of traverse for the bow mounted weapon that creates the difficulty? No idea how this is modeled in game.
Even tank FT's have a short range , the British "Crocodile" tank's FT has the longest range at 100 meters .

Mehring

Sure, but if the FT AFV halts short of its target, it won't ever bring its MA to bear. Even at what was clearly close enough range, as the MA did fire, it did so very infrequently so range alone doesn't explain what's happening..

Kurt

When the estab update arrives soon , try that scenario again and see if the FT's performance improves .

Mehring

Will do. looking forward to it. BTW, where do you go to find opponents ?

simovitch

Training and experience has a big influence on whether the crew will fire during a fire event. These crews were pretty green and the overall effectiveness of the unit was questionable. We upped the ammo load for the next update but I doubt you will see much improvement.

Regarding online opponents - that's a good question! I'll look into that.