Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Motherland preordered......but....

Qwirz

Hi Dave and all!
I preordered HotM. Received an email for the failed payment. Tried to fix it and troubles with the site.
Opened a support ticket more than two weeks ago.
Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Ruben

Kent

Exact same thing happened to me. Still waiting too.

gre81

I just ordered it and opened a ticket to find out when it was shipping. Didn't know if was a pre-order item or not. The response I got was that it would ship when ready. WTH kind of answer is that?

ThomM

I'm with you all, Gentlemen; I'm in a similar boat. No shipping on my HoM Xmaps or HoM game orders, both showing in stock. And no response to my support ticket I opened last Friday asking how to cancel an order (although yours are easily the higher priorities, Reuben and Kent. If you pre-ordered - which I did not; you are easily the first in what should be a VIP Line for an answer).

I've been a big supporter of the new LnL resurrection - both vocally and with my purchases - while enduring an annoying website and order system because I love the game system and the new editions (and I have nearly all of the games in their original MHW LnL releases). But when a company is quick to take my money and non-responsive when it comes to responding to or delivering what I paid for, there's not a company in the world that's going to make me eager to sustain that kind of trade-off for the long run.

Particularly in our hobby of wargaming. There are quality alternatives who provide consistent customer responsiveness and make their customers' support of their products a more satisfying experience. Non-responsiveness - and the snarkiness that is alarmingly creeping into to responses like gre81 received... and even some of the staff's answers to rules questions - has an erosive effect, especially in the small niche market that we make up. If an Apple or UAL loses a few formerly loyal customers, they can afford to shrug their shoulders (for awhile). A wargame producer, not so much.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

I am very sorry for the delay, my Mom's house was destroyed in a flood and I needed to fly back to New York and clean it up, then move her stuff back to Colorado. My nephew Austin who helped with my son do this massive job got some type of infection and now is in the hospital. It's been a tough few weeks to say the least.

We are a small staff and this type of loss of staff hurts us. You all know how quickly my team and myself try to respond to everyone, so please take this as an exception more than the norm. I am now back in Colorado and I will be getting back to you all as fast as possible. It will take a few more days. I was going to do some of this while I was away but of course no internet at the hotel..... IN NEW YORK. Either way guys I am on it.

Please remember that once a game goes from pre-order to a regular product it takes 2 - 6 weeks for the games to start shipping.

David

gre81

Thank you David. Wasn't aware of the staff size. That explains a lot. Sorry about your moms house and nephew. Will be waiting then.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hey Everyone,

I normally don't post this type of family stuff but I didn't want to have anyone feel you were being left out in the wind. The New York project was so much more massive than I expected. Then what was a clean up turned into a move.

Just to let you all know the kind of week I been having, the moving truck on the way to Colorado through a rod in the engine...... wait for it.... then while they are on the phone with me a car doing about 85 MPH crashes into the back of the truck on the side of the road. Thank God no one died but it was scary to say the least.

Thank you all for sticking with us and if anyone has a question always please let us know.

David

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
I'm with you all, Gentlemen; I'm in a similar boat. No shipping on my HoM Xmaps or HoM game orders, both showing in stock. And no response to my support ticket I opened last Friday asking how to cancel an order (although yours are easily the higher priorities, Reuben and Kent. If you pre-ordered - which I did not; you are easily the first in what should be a VIP Line for an answer).

I've been a big supporter of the new LnL resurrection - both vocally and with my purchases - while enduring an annoying website and order system because I love the game system and the new editions (and I have nearly all of the games in their original MHW LnL releases). But when a company is quick to take my money and non-responsive when it comes to responding to or delivering what I paid for, there's not a company in the world that's going to make me eager to sustain that kind of trade-off for the long run.

Particularly in our hobby of wargaming. There are quality alternatives who provide consistent customer responsiveness and make their customers' support of their products a more satisfying experience. Non-responsiveness - and the snarkiness that is alarmingly creeping into to responses like gre81 received... and even some of the staff's answers to rules questions - has an erosive effect, especially in the small niche market that we make up. If an Apple or UAL loses a few formerly loyal customers, they can afford to shrug their shoulders (for awhile). A wargame producer, not so much.

Hi ThomM,

Again I am sorry for te delay. All games moving from Pre-order to Released can take from 2 - 6 weeks to start shipping. We do not charge until we are packing games up. We do all of packing in-house so it does takes us a bit longer to complete. I going to be talking with Darren on how much longer before we start shipping.

If you still want to order I fully understand and just update your order and I will handle that.

David

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Dave and all!
I preordered HotM. Received an email for the failed payment. Tried to fix it and troubles with the site.
Opened a support ticket more than two weeks ago.
Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Ruben

Hey Ruben,

I working on a schedule update sometime this week and will have direct news for you.

David

Kent

Thanks for the response David. I am sorry you have been having such a difficult time. Glad you are safe. Support ticket FD-BCQ7 whenever you have the time. Thanks again.

ThomM

Hi ThomM,

Again I am sorry for te delay. All games moving from Pre-order to Released can take from 2 - 6 weeks to start shipping. We do not charge until we are packing games up. We do all of packing in-house so it does takes us a bit longer to complete. I going to be talking with Darren on how much longer before we start shipping.

If you still want to order I fully understand and just update your order and I will handle that.

David

Thanks David. Everybody is wishing you and your family nothing but good outcomes and recovery. Let's put all our Heroes of the Motherland issues aside for the moment. I might still suggest - in the spirit of positive support for a system I really enjoy and your business efforts that I still want to support - that when the smoke clears for you personally, this might be a good time for you and your LnL colleagues to perhaps do a quick reality check/ assessment of how your loyal customer base may be perceiving things. There are threads on BGG, for example, that speak to order and registering issues such as raised in this thread, as well as responsiveness issues. Simple emails posted here on the LnL site as delays occur would seem to address a lot of these concerns; and they don't need in any way to invade your personal privacy - that's none of our business. I think the issue is perception. As another LnL loyalist said to me in an offline email, "(LNL) seems to find the time to post notices promoting their positives, but leave the direct responses from customers in limbo."

I'll keep my current orders placed as is, David - I want to see your resurrection of LnL thrive. I truly think a tweaking of the interaction culture between LnL and its customers would really be a useful exercise at some point in the near future. You guys are still riding on the wave of loyalist support - a support that with a few tweaks can be even more sustainable.

Best wishes for you and your family, David.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Thanks David. Everybody is wishing you and your family nothing but good outcomes and recovery. Let's put all our Heroes of the Motherland issues aside for the moment. I might still suggest - in the spirit of positive support for a system I really enjoy and your business efforts that I still want to support - that when the smoke clears for you personally, this might be a good time for you and your LnL colleagues to perhaps do a quick reality check/ assessment of how your loyal customer base may be perceiving things. There are threads on BGG, for example, that speak to order and registering issues such as raised in this thread, as well as responsiveness issues. Simple emails posted here on the LnL site as delays occur would seem to address a lot of these concerns; and they don't need in any way to invade your personal privacy - that's none of our business. I think the issue is perception. As another LnL loyalist said to me in an offline email, "(LNL) seems to find the time to post notices promoting their positives, but leave the direct responses from customers in limbo."

I'll keep my current orders placed as is, David - I want to see your resurrection of LnL thrive. I truly think a tweaking of the interaction culture between LnL and its customers would really be a useful exercise at some point in the near future. You guys are still riding on the wave of loyalist support - a support that with a few tweaks can be even more sustainable.

Best wishes for you and your family, David.

Hi Thom,

I post here and other sites all the time, keeping everyone up to date as much as possible. Facebook is a lot easier to update with my iPhone than say Consimworld or BBG. The last two sites are almost impossible to update from my iPhone. The issues that have been posted on those sites I have answered many times over. As I said this is a special case and should be treated as such. As I said I would have posted here or better yet answer my support tickets if I had internet, which was my plan. The posts on Facebook and here can be scheduled in advance making it easier for me to pre-plan postings.

I am always trying to improve things we do at LnLP and will work at keeping my customers happy. As I said before this could not have been avoided and for that I am sorry to all. Nothing would bug me more than ordering a game and not getting a support ticket reply. I am also very appreciative of my customers and I truly appreciate them and sticking through everything.

David

Qwirz

Hi Dave!!!
Thanks for your answer!
I'm sure everything will go right as usual! your family troubles FIRST....and then our matters.
Wish the best!!!!

Cheers

Ruben

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

I have posted our pre-order process before on our forum and around the web, but a customer felt I may not have been clear. So I wanted to try and correct that.

When an order goes from pre-order status to release status we charge all pre-orders at that point. This means we are charging your cards at that point. Since we do all printing and shipping of our games in our offices here in the United States it can take us 2 - 6 weeks for us to print and pack up the pre-orders from the time we charge the cards. The time depends on how many pre-orders we have. We try to send as many pre-orders as possible at the same time. The Awaiting Shipping status means that we are either printing and packing your order or simple packing and shipping your order. In the past, the store would say "Order Complete" and that did not mean it had shipped but the credit card process was complete. So we changed the status to say "Awaiting Shipment" Once a game is pack and a shipping label is placed on a box you will get an email with a tracking number.

Again guys I am sorry for any misunderstanding this might have caused.

David

Herb

One of the factors that make me like Lock n Load Publishing so much is their prompt replies to my questions!! I rarely go more than even a few hours before I get a reply!!! Sorry to hear of your misfortunes recently David. Hope all gets back to normal for you soon!

Mark

I had the same issue with HotML, though I was asked to re do the order but now the site wants to charge me as much in freight as the game it worth, when my original pre order charges me much less.

I also opened a ticket but the last contact I had with someone over it was 2 weeks ago and no solution was offered

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
I had the same issue with HotML, though I was asked to re do the order but now the site wants to charge me as much in freight as the game it worth, when my original pre order charges me much less.

I also opened a ticket but the last contact I had with someone over it was 2 weeks ago and no solution was offered

Hi Mark,

I let Darren know about this again. Please remind us on Monday.

David

Mark

Well its past Monday, but I will remind you now like you asked, the ticket in question is
RBOPHD2I