Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

rules : helicopters as target for another helicopter or airstrike

rouq

Hello,
It is said in the rules that helicopters can be targeted by non anti-aircraft unit using AP or HE firepower at half range.
So helicopter is himslef a non anti-aicraft unit which have AP and HE firepower so it can target another helicopter (which is only hovering) unsing AP and HE at half range ?

Air strike (example A10 aircraft) have only AP firepower so it is not Anti Aircraft. How does it rules against helicopters. using AP firepower (infinite range halved don't bother) on targeted helocopter which must be only in hoovering mode ?

zaarin7

IMHO helo on helo would follow the normal rules, half range etc. I think they could shoot while moving but would be under the 12 hex movement restriction.

Fighter cover and air strikes are outside that rules section so have never had the ability to shoot at helo's.

zaarin7

You are correct only been a year+ since I read the rules. It's because they have blue fire power. The problem is air strikes not having a printed range. Since they are placed in the hex the air strike is attacking I guess you would place it in the helo's hex and role normally then. I just checked the 2012 FAQ and there is nothing there on this specific situation.