Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Questions About Expansions

gashlycrumb

Hello, I have a few questions about the expansions for LNL Tactical that are available in the online store.

1) Dark July: are the counters rounded, like the counters for Heroes of the Motherland?

2) Noville, Bastogne's Outpost: are the counters rounded, like the counters for Heroes of Normandy?

3) Battle Pack Bravo 2nd Edition: The stats and components blurb states that the game requirements are "Lock 'n Load Tactical: Heroes of Normandy or Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes and Lock ’n Load: Noville Bastognes Outpost"
Without punctuation I'm not sure what the requirements are :)
Do I only need Heroes of Normandy to be able to play this expansion?

4) What are LNL's plans for the expansions? How viable of a purchase are they - I'd rather not buy them now if you guys have plans to update them or merge them into new game series in the near future (I seem to remember reading something about this on the forums).

Thanks ever so much!

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hello,

1) No, the counters are not rounded at this time, but we do plan on this shortly.

2) Again no, the counters are not rounded and we do not have any plans at this time to redo this expansion.

3) You need only Lock 'n Load Tactical: Heroes of Normandy (current edition) or you would need both Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes with Lock 'n Load: Noville Bastogne's Outpost (discontinued editions).

I seemed to have answered question 4 already. We have posted this before, we felt it was not a good policy to have all these expansions available and not have the core games needed to play them. Some of the expansions required other expansions to play bring things to another whole level of ridiculousness. We have combined older expansions with the older base games and made all the game follow a set layout and standard that flows through the whole game series. I don't remember what expansions go put into what core game but I do know it is posted here in the forum.

David

Jeff Lewis

I need to correct Dave RE #3. You need to have Heroes of Normandy OR Band of Heroes. Period. Full Stop. AND Noville, Bastogne's Outpost to play all of the scenarios in Battle Pack Bravo.

gashlycrumb

Thanks David and Jeff for the info - appreciate it!

I'm going to re-phrase question 4 as I think David misunderstood my question.
What I'm trying to ask about the Expansions, is based on the fact that the current line of Tactical Expansions seem to be products from the Mark Walker era of LNL, before all the recent changes to the Tactical line. So how stable is the line of current Expansions?

-Since you guys have been making (excellent) changes to the Tactical product line, how likely is it that you will also make changes to the current set of Expansions in the near future? Updating the counters for example, or turning an Expansion into a complete Boxed set?
-What are your plans for the current list of Expansions? Alpha, Bravo, Dark July, Noville?
-Will you be adding to the list of Expansions for the Tactical series? Any hints at what?
-Once all the current stock of the Tactical Series Expansions (Alpha, Bravo, Dark July, Noville) is sold, will you simply re-print them without changes or are you planning on changing/updating them? Can you talk about how you might update them.

You guys have been doing a brilliant job on updating and invigorating the Tactical series and I've sold off all my ATS/ASL stuff to commit to LNL Tactical as my squad level game of choice. I have bought HoN, HoM, Falklands, and Nam from you. And so I'm also interested in buying the Expansions, but not if the Expansions are going to be updated/changed anytime soon.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks again.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hello,

Ok, the expansions, Alpha, and Bravo pack have been updated to the newer maps, we even updated the castle map to make it look like a real castle. We have also included the X-Maps in these as an extra bonus. Dark July is also updated with a new map, but the counters are not yet done. The new counters are at the printers, and it should not be long before we have them. We are also in the process of re-laying out the manual and scenario and module rulebook. So I would wait because this will not take to long. Now Noville we only put out the X-Maps we have no plans to do anything else with this for a while. So I would say it is safe to grab that one now.

We have two new LnLT in the works.

Heroes of Grenada

and

The the other one we will need to keep under wraps for now. All the LnLT series should be back in stock before we hit mid-summer. I hope I hit all of your points and thank you for the kind words.

David

Barthheart

Staff member
Heroes of Grenada! This will be really interesting. My father lives there now and he and I have gone through all the history of what actually happened during the "intervention".... hint it has nothing to do with the Clint Eastwood movie....

gashlycrumb

David, great, thanks ever so much for the thorough answer! Can't wait for all the summer LNLT series re-stock (I had everything pre-ordered before the recent pre-order changes). And excited about Grenada!

Thanks again.

Two new LnL titles in the works well hopefully that means we'll be seeing Heroes of North Africa soon :)!

Grenada doesn't interest me so that'll save me a few bucks!

Cottonbaler

Agree with Captain Darling -- hope the second new LnLT title is HoNA. I'm a bit concerned about how this project keeps getting kicked down the road despite being in the works for several years now. If the second new title is not HoNA, I hope that HoNA at least is published before the new ones. At this point I have no plans to buy any more LnLT until HoNA is released.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

Heroes of North Africa is the next new LnLT title out the door. We are not simple kicking things done the road as has happened in the past. We are making sure they are done right. There is no more bottle neck of one person doing everything but teams are allowing us to do a lot more. Grenada was completed before HoNA but was not announced until until last week or so. Games will not be announced years in advance. Give me a little more time and I am sure your be happy with the end results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Whiterook

Website
www.militarywargaming.com
I personally, do not worry much about rounded corners (in terms of whether or not to purchase a game), as a simple 2mm punch will more than do the job you need. Just an FYI.

That said, I appreciate LNLP is going the extra mile to provide game counters with rounded corners; but of more import to me is the fact that you have put great effort to avoid "counter bleed" on edges and corners, which to me is paramount.

Everything I read, and see in the new products I've bought show LNLP has stepped up their game BIG time! GREAT work that!!!!

Cottonbaler

David, thank you for the clarity on the status of HoNA. I understand and applaud your efforts to right the LnL ship and produce high-quality games, as well as the new business model/practices now in place. But given the years of work on HoNA it is a little difficult to understand the delays in this project with several new releases in the system coming out before it. Thanks for the additional insight. I'm all for waiting for a game that is up to the high standards you and the company strive for and gamers desire. I believe HoNA will be a significant jewel in the LnLT crown and eagerly await it. For me personally though, Grenada has limited appeal and given a limited gaming budget it will not be added to my collection anytime soon. Good luck and great success at Origins

Herb

David, will the LnL Tactical Solo version (similar to conflict of Heroes) be out before Christmas do you think?