Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FAQ - Font Size - Why does the text overrun the dialog?

cdcool

A common issue for some users is that the text overflows the dialogs.
View attachment 1233

This is caused when your systems font size is not set to the default 100% (96dpi). Currently the engine only supports the default 100% font size. We are working towards a solution but this will be done over a number of upgrades to the engine. The first part of this process was delivered in CO2 with the use of the independent data dialogs. The next step will be to cater for expanding the dialog and each affected control within it. This needs to be done for all the dialogs and hence is a very big job.

In the interim please set your font size to 100% by following these steps:
  1. On your desktop, right click and select Personalise from the context menu.
    View attachment 1234

2. Choose Display from the Personalise Dialog
    View attachment 1235

3. Choose the default 100% setting from the Font Setting dialog
    View attachment 1236
Has this been fixed? I"m getting text over flows

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
cdcool,

Have you ensured your system font size is set to 96dpi (ie 100%). If it was set to other than 100% then you need to set it to 100%. Moreover, if the OS was installed with a setting other than 100% then you need to change your registry settings - see instructions above.

cdcool

cdcool,

Have you ensured your system font size is set to 96dpi (ie 100%). If it was set to other than 100% then you need to set it to 100%. Moreover, if the OS was installed with a setting other than 100% then you need to change your registry settings - see instructions above.
Yes

cdcool

Has this been fixed? I"m getting text over flows
cdcool,

Give me directions for windows 10

cdcool

I'm still getting this, even if I disable DPI scaling, is a fix for this in the works for release soon, as it makes it very difficult to interpret the in-game information properly?
I have the same exact issue

cdcool

Not working on two computers with windows 10, I have tried everything. Been playing PC games for 20 years.
Nothing is fixing the font menu issues..nothing. So if you don't have a solution or a suggestion, please just give me a refund for "Knock on Doors".

papymaj5

Cdcool,

I have two computers on win 10 and they both work fine with CO2. I also have about 20 years with PC games. The solution is to make sure your screen and text is set to 100% or normal. I've had this exact issue before and that fixed it.

Right click in the desktop and select display settings. Make sure the font slider is set to normal (100%). Restart the PC. If that doesn't work, do it again and select advanced display settings and make sure the settings are set to default normal settings. If that doesn't work send us scree shots of your settings so we can check to see if something is off.

Jon

cdcool

Cdcool,

I have two computers on win 10 and they both work fine with CO2. I also have about 20 years with PC games. The solution is to make sure your screen and text is set to 100% or normal. I've had this exact issue before and that fixed it.

Right click in the desktop and select display settings. Make sure the font slider is set to normal (100%). Restart the PC. If that doesn't work, do it again and select advanced display settings and make sure the settings are set to default normal settings. If that doesn't work send us scree shots of your settings so we can check to see if something is off.

Jon
Thanks Jon, I appreciate your suggestions. I have tried that. My pop menus look exactly like the one at the top of this post.

cdcool

Can you please send me a screen shot of your advanced settings, it would be appreciated.

cdcool

Okay, I sorta feel like an idiot, It's fixed now, I rebooted a couple of times and set the font back to 100% a few more times and now its fixed.
I guess I'm done, I appreciate everyone's support, sorry for the trouble.
I'll blame Microsoft... :)

cdcool

Still unstable in windows 10 and very annoying. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Having to keep your screen and text set to 100% or normal is ridiculous just for one game, you can barely read the fonts at higher resolutions 4K and wide screen resolutions, which is becoming the norm. Sometimes it does work at higher than 100% text, when it feels like it.

The most important menu in the game is the only one affected.

Last edited:

cdcool

It does work on 150 DPI if you don't sign out.

Attachments

• 150 DPI.jpg
    150 DPI.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 150 setting.jpg
    150 setting.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 10

eschatzy

Is there any chance that using DPI above 100% will be possible in the near future? Is this a feature that is still planned for an engine update?

Kolbex

Thinking about CO this morning. This was one of the major issues that kept me from being able to get into the game, since my primary machine has a resolution far, far too large to read text at 100%. Magnification must be higher.