Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Greenlights on Steam

*budd*

I posted the CO2 greenlight information on matrix general forum and went back today and i dont see the thread.

Eric

I posted the CO2 greenlight information on matrix general forum and went back today and i dont see the thread.

Nah. Its there. Just got moved around after the chinese spam attack

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
We do have plans to attempt this, but we will need to figure out how to do this, but first things first let this get approved for Steam.
David

Just found this on the Steam FAQ for Greenlight.
Hope that helps mate.

If my game is accepted through Steam Greenlight, can I give my previous customers keys for the Steam version?
Once your game is accepted for distribution on Steam, we will give you as many keys for your game as you want at no cost.

zardoz

Just found this on the Steam FAQ for Greenlight.
Hope that helps mate.

If my game is accepted through Steam Greenlight, can I give my previous customers keys for the Steam version?
Once your game is accepted for distribution on Steam, we will give you as many keys for your game as you want at no cost.

Sounds nice, but unreal too, doesnt it?

One steam-key for each purchase, ok. But as many as desired??

panzerpit

Command Ops 2 have been Greenlit on Steam. Thank you, everyone, for your support.
David

Great news! Wish you lots of new customers. But in this case can you tell us what are your plans regarding CO2 distribution. Will you keep two distribution channels - Steam and this site - or will you distribute game updates and future versions only via Steam? Also what about sales model - will you keep base game engine free and sale contents/missions pack? And last: what about next game versions - as far as I can remember your plans were to allow us to have more than one engine version installed, each with its own contents packs... Am I right? If so, how do you plan to adapt it to Steam?

TortugaPower

Glad to see it greenlight (I voted as well). For better or worse, it seems Steam is the way of the future.

Although I'm not sure how the current pricing policy will be compatible -- Steam members might be unsettled if they have to pay for the latest update, based on their understanding of other games. I suspect at the very least that this would have to be marketed differently.